Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be buying a set of wheels with tires today. They are 255/50R20. These won't limit my turning radius by rubbing, will they? I see a lot wider tires on here in some posts. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
high profile

:scratchhead: Why would you want such a high profile tire? The diameter on a 255/50R20 is 30 inches. Even the staggard SRT configuration is pushing it with 255/45's in the rear (emphasis on the 45) for the street. That is going to make for some squishy twisties.

Is your intention to "donk" your ride?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, donk. No, it is a quick buy of used rims with tires that have good tread on them and mine do t. I don't have the money to buy the rims I want right now and I don't want to waste the money on tires for my factory 18" rims just to swap them out later. The wheels and tires are only $250 for the set so it's a good intermediate solution, but will they fit? Also, I don't want low profile tires. I drive in NYC ALOT and the roads are full of potholes.

·
Registered
541 Posts
You should be fine but when you can go with the 255/45/20, 245/45/20 or 275/40/20. Post up pics of the new wheels.

·
Registered
15 Posts
NY potholes are the worst I've seen, drove up to Ma. a few months back and if we weren't in my wives Jeep I'd be buying 4 new wheels and tires. I think my son could have taken a bath in a couple of them lol. On topic those are some really tall tires and would probably look a little weird but shouldn't rub at a full turn in either direction. I know I have at least 1.5in between the car and my tires stock SRT size in the front.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
The previous owner of my Dad's 300 SRT8 put 245/50R20 (stock size for a Nitro or Liberty) on all 4, and they were way too tall. They actually damaged the fender lip. You could here it hitting around corners on a bumpy road. 255/50R20 would be slightly taller and wider yet. You might get away with it with stock R/T height but I don't rexommend it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
There are limits in rim sizes. on the Challenger.

30 inch rims look ridiculous. 20 inch is more comfortable than 22 inch. 22 looks good, but i hate to feel the suspension with wheel so tight. For being Super Track Pack with stiffer suspension, it was worrying me if the car would feel too unconfortible being too ridged for cruising. Thougn it wasn't it is very confortible to drive around town in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts