Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I have a 2014 RT Plus - 20" rims. Thinking of putting new rims on - does anyone know what is the max size tire I can go with on my car? What is the largest size I can go with on the back and front. I currently have 255's on the front and 275's on the back. I would like to go with at least 295's on the back and if possible 275 on the fronts - can I do this??

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
305's on the back, some say 315's but others have had problems so my guess would be either car specific case or just manufacturing variance on the tire size. The other question is how wide are your rims?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John, not sure how wide the rims are - will find out.

·
Registered
Callenger SRT 8 - 392
30 Posts
Tires size

Guys I have a 2014 RT Plus - 20" rims. Thinking of putting new rims on - does anyone know what is the max size tire I can go with on my car? What is the largest size I can go with on the back and front. I currently have 255's on the front and 275's on the back. I would like to go with at least 295's on the back and if possible 275 on the fronts - can I do this??
Me, SRT8 - 2014 I have on the back with Wheel oem 20" : Falken Azenis 295 40R 20XL 110W BLT
and they work very well !!!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,821 Posts
You can put a 295 on a 9" rim, and it will indeed fit on there. It doesn't mean it is recommended. Anyone is free to do what they like, AND you may never have an issue. But when asking for advice here, we will reply with what is recommended, and considered safe.

https://www.budnik.com/helpful-tire-info/

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
13,849 Posts
You can put a 295 on a 9" rim, and it will indeed fit on there. It doesn't mean it is recommended. Anyone is free to do what they like, AND you may never have an issue. But when asking for advice here, we will reply with what is recommended, and considered safe.A Guy
https://www.budnik.com/helpful-tire-info/

Well said. Here is a diagram showing what happens when you mount a tire on a rim that is too narrow.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have 10.5" wheels and 315s in the back. Fenders needed to be rolled but either 2014 or 2015 they started doing that from the factory...

Love the traction i get now though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts