Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys wondering what you all know - I have a 2014 RT Plus - currently have 275's on the rear and 255's on the front. What is the widest tire size you can go on this model?? When they did my front tires - 255 was as large as I could go due to the wheel well. On the back I think I can go to 285's with no problem or spacers. Anyone know anything about this? Appreciate any feedback.

·
Super Moderator
13,858 Posts
What is the width of your rear wheels? If they are 9 inches, you should not go any wider than a 275. Otherwise, the wider tire will not wear or perform properly. If you want to go wider, buy a 10 inch wide wheel with the correct offset.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Guys wondering what you all know - I have a 2014 RT Plus - currently have 275's on the rear and 255's on the front. What is the widest tire size you can go on this model?? When they did my front tires - 255 was as large as I could go due to the wheel well. On the back I think I can go to 285's with no problem or spacers. Anyone know anything about this? Appreciate any feedback.
You can get 275s on the front with a 9" wheel +10mm. I have a 10.5" wheel +24mm on the back with 315s, but had to roll the fendors and add an additional 2-3mm spacer.

As 'Cuda mentioned, if you try to put too much tire on a small wheel, not only is it dangerous, but you aren't getting the intended shape to the ground, negating traction bonuses from a wider tire.

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
if you're running the stock 20" x 8" a 285 is beyond the minimum required rim width. Max would probably be 255 that would be advisable.

·
Registered
223 Posts
So, what is your wheel width? How long have you been running on those size tires, and your thoughts..?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sold the car last year and purchased a new challenger. The 275's on the back were great as were the 255's on the front. No issues whatsoever. Looked good with the staggered look. Can't remember what tire size they were - 275/40/20??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts