Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an '11 R/T Super Track Pack. It came with the 245/45 ZR20 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires. I like the way they handle, but I drive my car as a year round daily driver in Oregon (sun, rain, hail, snow every once in a while...).

I have replaced the original tires twice,both times with low mileage used sets of the same tire (I am averaging about 12 -14 months per set). In the past I have been quoted as high as $500.00 or more per tire for new ones.

I am due for a new set and shopping around. Looks like they want over $1200.00 mounted and balanced for the same tires at Les Schwab. Walmart sells the tires for 193.30 each online. Tire Rack has them for 145.00 each plus shipping, but I would still have to pay someone to mount and balance.

I guess what I need to know is, if I switch to soemthing else, what brand/model of tire would you guys recomend?

P.S.: I'd rather go with 18 inch wheels and white letter tires, but as far as I know noone makes them still...

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I have BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2 and I really like them. you want really good tires to replace your Goodyears, I recommend Michelin Pilot Super sport. Amazing ride and handling, but they are more pricey. If you plan on driving them in a variety of different conditions like snow or cold temps, I'd recommend the Pilot Sport AS/3. Pretty much just the all-season version. Can't go wrong there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I think I'm gonna go with either the one you suggested, Pilot AS/3, or the Goodyear Eagle RS-A.

Both are an all season performance tire, which is more what I need. Depends on what kind of deal I can get at a local shop.

·
Registered
31 Posts
America's tire has the BFG comp2 in 275/40/20 & 245/45/20 for $800 installed. less if you keep the original size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts