Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I have a 2015 challenger sxt plus. The tires that came on it have finally succumb to my "enthusiastic" driving so I am in the market for a fresh set of rubber.

I still have the stock 20" rims and I plan to keep them. I am looking for a good combination of performance and tread life. (The stock tires only lasted 14,000 miles) I have been looking at the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires. They have great reviews and I like the all season performance aspect of them because of where I live (Pacific Northwest).

I am also considering getting a wider tire. I was thinking abut upgrading to a 275 width tire but I am still not sure.

Any tire suggestions and suggestions about the width is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,801 Posts
If you have the 20x8 rims, the 275 is too wide. Most you could do is a 255 instead of the 245. Have a look at the Continental Extremecontact DWS 06. Very highly rated by our members here, and great tread rating

A Guy

·
Registered
109 Posts
I went with the A/S 3+ in 255 when the time came. So far (5000 miles) I'm happy with them. They do flat spot on cold days which surprised me, but it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
569 Posts
A few weeks ago I picked up a set of Firestone Firehawk A/S tires. Firestone was (and currently is) having a $100 discount promotion.

I picked up four tires (50,000 treadwear warranty), mounting, balancing and road hazard insurance $722.00 out the door.

Tire Rack recently released test results on the Firehawk A/S and it held up well against three competitors. Not sure anything can beat the Conti's, but so far I'm happy the Firehawks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My car came with 20x9's with Sumitumos 255/45's all way 'round. Not cool. Had a blow out "flying" back from NOLA so time to make things "right".
NEXEN 295/40 in back. 275/40 in front.
No issues!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,801 Posts
My car came with 20x9's with Sumitumos 255/45's all way 'round. Not cool. Had a blow out "flying" back from NOLA so time to make things "right".
NEXEN 295/40 in back. 275/40 in front.
No issues!
295/40 on the 9" rims? 10" minimum suggested for 295s. We really can't recommend 295s on 9" rims. Good luck, I hope they work for you. A Guy

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Have a look at the Continental Extremecontact DWS 06. Very highly rated by our members here, and great tread rating

A Guy

I can say I've never got all that excited about a new set a tires but the Extremecontact DWS 09's on my car made a huge difference in handling and ride quite even at highway speeds.

Wear has been great so far. Worth the extra money in my opinion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions! I actually ended up going with Michelin Pilot Sport a/s 3 plus tires and I could not be happier.

I stuck with the stock size of 245/45 instead of going to a 255 or something like that. The ride quality has improved significantly and the road noise is much better compared to the stock tires when they were new.

The grip is crazy as well. I really push my car sometimes (probably a lot more than I should) and on the stock Goodyear Eagle F1 tires, I got to their limits pretty quickly (Especially when there was any sort of rain on the road). With the Michelin's however, I have yet to find their limits in the dry and even in the rain, they surpass what the stock tires could do when it was dry.

Obviously this is just my opinion so if anyone is reading this and looking for new tires, please do your own research as to what tire will work best for you! You can't really go wrong with any of the suggestions above, it is kind of up to personal preference after a point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts