Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to change up after five sets of standard 245's. Thinking 255's all around or 255's front and 275's rear. Opinions please.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
14,905 Posts
Are you looking for all-season or summer tires? Also, 275s, require a minimum 9-inch wheel. Do you have that?

If you are in the market for all-season tires, I would recommend Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 tires. I have them on my SRT and they perform great. Also, they have an excellent 500 AAA wear rating and are reasonably priced at Discount Tire- one of our Supporting Vendors.

Here are the reviews on this tire.

https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f79/new-cooper-g1-tires-my-srt-647690/?647690=#post8237642

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I run 255's on all corners..car feels great...not really much wider than the 245's but it makes it a tad meatier looking from the rear...

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
I also run 255 on all corners these look great handle well
Have about 26000 miles still lots of life , also they measure bigger then most 255 seems to fill
the wheels nice

Attachments

Reactions: 72/340

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I think you can safely put a 275 on a 9 inch wheel and not think twice about it.

If you are going to stagger your set up, I'd say go all in and do a 245/45 on the front and 275/40 on the back. They end up being almost exactly the same diameter.

255/45s all the way around will give you the option of rotating though which is something important to consider with how many miles you put on.

I'm only at 35k miles and I just put my 6th set of tires on the rear if we are having a contest, but I go through a set of drag radials almost every summer that I'm counting in that ;)

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On my fourth set of tires.. just hit 40k miles hahaha! I would recommend 275 all around

I don't think they clear on the front on the R/T.

·
Super Moderator
14,905 Posts
If you are going to stagger your set-up, I'd say to all in and do a 245/45 on the front and 275/40 on the back. They end up being almost exactly the same diameter.
That's what I did to get that "old school" look. The Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 275/40-20 tires look great on the rear of my SRT.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
That's what I did to get that "old school" look. The Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 275/40-20 tires look great on the rear of my SRT.
Indeed they do! Have you ever considered splash guards? I didn't put them on my 2012 and the areas behind the front and rear tires got pretty beat up - could be due to my desert climate and summer-only rubber though. Your rockers look pretty good in the photos though!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I run 255s all around because I wanted to keep my Heritage wheels on my R/T Classic. I am using the BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S and I'm happy with them. If I had 9 inch wheels I would have gone bigger, either 275 all around or the staggered setup others have suggested.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Thanx

Are you looking for all-season or summer tires? Also, 275s, require a minimum 9-inch wheel. Do you have that?

If you are in the market for all-season tires, I would recommend Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 tires. I have them on my SRT and they perform great. Also, they have an excellent 500 AAA wear rating and are reasonably priced at Discount Tire- one of our Supporting Vendors.

Here are the reviews on this tire.

https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f79/new-cooper-g1-tires-my-srt-647690/?647690=#post8237642
Thanx Bro. I need new tires and want something that lasts longer and is better in the cold than my stock tires. These might be it.

·
Super Moderator
14,905 Posts
Indeed they do! Have you ever considered splash guards? I didn't put them on my 2012 and the areas behind the front and rear tires got pretty beat up - could be due to my desert climate and summer-only rubber though. Your rockers look pretty good in the photos though!
I don't like the look of splash guards. So far, I haven't noticed a problem with paint chips. If it becomes a problem, I will install 3M protective film.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Should I get the car aligned every time I get new tires, even if the car tracks perfectly?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
New tires shouldn't effect alignment. Alighment is usually only effected by suspension-related issues (knocked out of whack due to potholes, driving over curbs, etc). I don't think you should get an alignment just because you are getting new tires - unless you already have other issues.

I typically just get a "lifetime" alignment thorugh Firestone. Then I can get the alignment checked/corrected as much as I want. It's like $170 (or something like that) - for the lifetime of the wheels. I usually take it in once per year or so - just to make sure alignment is always good. Between alignment and tire-rotations, it will also make sure your tires last as long as possible.

·
Registered
23 Posts
275's all around on my 2017 R/T Scat Pack, love the feel and the look

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts