Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems my front tires always wear faster than the rear, every time I take it in for a rotation they try to talk me out of it because there is more tread on the rear. Anyone else see the same? Maybe I need to stomp on the gas more to even it out ? :)

·
Super Moderator
15,397 Posts
It seems my front tires always wear faster than the rear, every time I take it in for a rotation they try to talk me out of it because there is more tread on the rear. Anyone else see the same? Maybe I need to stomp on the gas more to even it out ? :)
If you drive primarily in town (turns, stops, lane changes) your fronts can wear more.

Might not be a bad idea to have alignment checked, if toe adjustment is out, that can cause more wear as well.

·
Super Moderator
13,872 Posts
Unless you are doing burnouts, your front tires will wear faster because there is more weight on them, they control the direction of your car and they can get out of alignment.

·
Registered
486 Posts
How often do you have them rotated?
May I assume you are located in a climate that subject to snow and that's why they are recommending you keep the better tires on the rear?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts