Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advise.. I want to put a set of Asanti Wheels on my 2016 Scat Pack. I am told the 10 1/2 rear and 9 on front (special ordered) will fit with no problem. I wish to run 2454520 front and 3153520 rear. perfect size match up. Nice staggered look. Has anyone done or tried this set up ??? Any advese would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
I’d go with 9.5” wheels and 275/40. Same diameter. You can choose positive offset between 16mm and 20mm.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’d go with 9.5” wheels and 275/40. Same diameter. You can choose positive offset between 16mm and 20mm.
I did that on my 2014 RT. 2754020 INDY 500 tires on Super Bee wheels. It was Supercharged and I still had no traction. The 2016 is a 6 speed and as you know has 0 traction. I was hoping the extra footprint would help using the 315's. The size ratio is almost the exact diameter as the 245's. The fitment is my primary concern. Asanti says no problem and they are building the wheels. BUT ! I have heard of clearance issues and the need for spacers in some cases. I don't want that...Your advise is good advice and I should heed to it. But, what if ?????????????

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
I did that on my 2014 RT. 2754020 INDY 500 tires on Super Bee wheels. It was Supercharged and I still had no traction. The 2016 is a 6 speed and as you know has 0 traction. I was hoping the extra footprint would help using the 315's. The size ratio is almost the exact diameter as the 245's. The fitment is my primary concern. Asanti says no problem and they are building the wheels. BUT ! I have heard of clearance issues and the need for spacers in some cases. I don't want that...Your advise is good advice and I should heed to it. But, what if ?????????????

Oops I forgot to mention that I was only talking about the front. Being the same diameter as the 315s in the rear is what I meant. Yes I definitely agree with you for the rear. You can never have enough rubber. If it were me I’d go with the 275/40 in front and 315/35 in the back. With 25mm offset I think it’ll work fine. Some report a little rubbing against the wheel well but that’s an easy fix.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Oops I forgot to mention that I was only talking about the front. Being the same diameter as the 315s in the rear is what I meant. Yes I definitely agree with you for the rear. You can never have enough rubber. If it were me I’d go with the 275/40 in front and 315/35 in the back. With 25mm offset I think it’ll work fine. Some report a little rubbing against the wheel well but that’s an easy fix.
oh I better check mine for rubbing.... Never heard of that. The wheel well is just thin plastic do I doubt it hurt the tire.

·
Registered
588 Posts
A lot of guys on hellcat.org run 275/40s on 9.5" up front and 315s on 10.5" out back.

The factors are going to be what offset your wheels are and tire brand. Some tires run wider than others even though they are marked the same size.

Some guys are using spacers, others have modified the plastic wheel liner.

As for me, I've got 275/40s on a 9.5" wheel up front and 305/30s on a 10.5" wheel in the rear and its got a staggered look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts