Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting 245/45/20 for the front and 275/40/20 for the back on my 2019 Challenger RT. Also want wheel spacers but can’t decide was size. I was thinking 25mm all around or 30 mm in the front and 20 mm in the back. What do yall think?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Why would you want to add spacers for wheels and tires that fit without issue is there some rubbing you failed to mention?

-Dogg

·
Registered
118 Posts
Personally I would go with more rubber and bigger tires before using spacers but its your whip do you!

-Dogg
20191221_115650.jpg

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
My 1st R/T I ran billet, hub centric 25mm's on the rear with the stock wheel until I swapped out for aftermarket wheel/tires a few months later. It achieved the look I wanted for that interim period of time, which was to put the wheel/tire edge right at the fender lip. Improved the looks imho alot.
If you buy a quality spacer and mind your proper torque specs, there is no issues. 25mm or larger usually have thier own pressed in studs/lugs to mount the wheel on, and the factory studs mount the spacer, where as 20mm & thinner may not. 25mm seems to be the transition threshold there.
A 20mm without them, are too thick to leave your factory studs enough thread engagement for the lug and this can leave you in a real bad position from a safety standpoint, less you upgrade to longer wheel studs.
I am not certain however on a 30mm up front even with that tire you listed. Spacers up front can compicate things (vs on the rear) due to the dynamics of steering and can place added wear & stress on steering components, bearings, etc. as you have moved the actual centerline of the tire/wheel combo and its weight outward & beyond spec.
Dodge LX platform does have a small, but noted bad rep for control arm/spindle failures, I would not want to push that inherent weakness more than it already exist. May want to go conservative or none at all, up front or just go in for a full custom wheel set up in the size that you want. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
10,176 Posts
We offer 3mm and 6mm wheels spacers:

- Alexis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts