Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to this forum. I just purchased 2019 Dodge Challenger SXT V6 (Black Color) Im loving the challenger and the dodge family! I just had a question about Tires and rims.

Right now I'm riding stock. 18" x 7.5", 5 Lug, 115mm Bolt Pattern. I want to upgrade to 20'' Tires and Wheels. I wanted to have wider tires. Some people told me having wide tires on a V6 is not worth it. It would make the car slow. The tires I have on now are 235/55R18. I was thinking in doing 275 all around. Please let me know what tire size would be good all around for 20'' Rims.

Please help a brotha out!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
For 275 tires, you technically need a 20x9 rim minimum. What part of the country do you live in?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your suggesting for my rims to go with
20x9
Bolt Pattern: 5x4.52 | 5x115 - Offset: 15 mm

I took a look at that link. I did not like the rims. Thanks for checking!

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
You can go wider if that's the look you want(who doesn't)? The wider rim and wider tire carry additional weight to them, so it might slow your car a tad. I wouldn't even make that a factor if I was doing it for the looks. I have 20" wheels with 245 tires, but I REALLY want those 275's.

Reactions: Rozzay89
1 - 7 of 7 Posts