Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So awhile back I had some pulling issues. Took it to one dealership and they claimed all kind of b.s.. Went to a second dealership and they adjusted my front toe to within specs. It was left .72 and right -.33. The specs I have is .05 to.15. Besides the pull I have/had inside tire wear.. My Camber is left -1.4 and right -1.9. They claim that if they moved the cradle to the right to get the right in spec the left would be out since it is at the limit. Specs should be left -.3 to -1.4 and right -1.8 to -.7. They said most of my wear was from my toe and the fact that I cannot rotate since I am staggered .

So today changing the oil I noticed that my inside tires are smooth on the right and almost smooth on the left. Now the rest of the tires are getting close to wear bars but my concern is the inside still wearing faster and if I replace the tires will the new ones go fast? Is it due to my camber? Should I get adjustable upper control arms and maybe a bump steer kit? Caster was within specs.

Should I go back to the same size tires? My rims are 9" so I could run a 255/45/20 all the way around. Right now I have 245/45F and 285/40R.

Any advice or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Are you at stock ride height?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but it is a 12 STP car and sits lower then non STP cars. I wondered since that was one of the first years that STP cars did sit lower if that was some of the problem.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I doubt it. Stock height for the STP cars shouldn't need adjustable upper control arms. I would say go to a high end wheel shop and have that toe checked/adjusted,

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And if it is still in specs from my alignment in January chaulk it up to previous wear and new tires should wear ok?
That and not rotating like I did my F1's?

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Sounds like good bit of camber at work, imo.

I have just a standard RT suspension, but the front wheels were no more than -.5 deg on either side. Wear is a pretty even, though it is a tad more on the outer shoulder of the tread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts