Which Design Do You Like Best

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and am thinking about putting on raised white lettering. What do you guys think about the options I've listed? For the Dodge and Mopar logos, I would have Challenger on the bottom. Please vote as I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Also, if you have had bad experiences with white lettering I would like to hear that too. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I've had NO experience with these...... although I'd like to. I like three and four. I guess depending on the color of your car. Dodge or Mopar. I'd like to hear more too.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Man I keep kicking these around but the huge cost and every time I see a car up close with them they look cheesy. But from 10’ they look great. I guess a lot depends on if you are doing a overlay on the tire brand vs doing your own thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
To each his own

For me, I like the look of the stock Manufacturer look. What ever I put on her, I letter her that way.

But again, do what YOU want to do - it's your look.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just purchased a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and am thinking about putting on raised white lettering. What do you guys think about the options I've listed? For the Dodge and Mopar logos, I would have Challenger on the bottom. Please vote as I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Also, if you have had bad experiences with white lettering I would like to hear that too. Thanks!
I ordered these and they just came in. Will probably put on once I get back from my trip to Mariners spring training in AZ. I got the Dodge for top and Mopar for bottom. Both in white. I also got the red Dodge slashes to go with the Dodge, and a blue Mopar "M" logo for the Mopar side. Anxious to see how they come out!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
That's the thing "high maintenance" I think if you're going over the manufacturers lettering they look decent but keeping em clean is another OCD story

·
Registered
999 Posts
My Durango came with Goodyear Wrangler RT/S raised white letters. I like the look. Let us know how yours turn out, Challytatz. With pictures, of course! I may opt to go the same route. Although if there would ever be a thin redline option, I think that would look darn good on my granite crystal SRT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,788 Posts
I prefer 1 :) Never rub a curb!

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I ordered these and they just came in. Will probably put on once I get back from my trip to Mariners spring training in AZ. I got the Dodge for top and Mopar for bottom. Both in white. I also got the red Dodge slashes to go with the Dodge, and a blue Mopar "M" logo for the Mopar side. Anxious to see how they come out!
Me too! You are going to post pics..... right?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,507 Posts
On my wrangler tires I would use tire bleach to clean the white letters. BTW is a tire balance required after install?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here's what did with mine.
Tirestickers.com

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Why dont tire manufacturers come out with tires (besides truck tires) that come with the raised white lettering built in like the old BF Goodrich TA's? offer it as an option?? Guess they figured that went out of style a while ago but its back again.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Why dont tire manufacturers come out with tires (besides truck tires) that come with the raised white lettering built in like the old BF Goodrich TA's? offer it as an option?? Guess they figured that went out of style a while ago but its back again.
Nope, it's because of damn low profile tires. Tires that have raised white letters from the factory have a weakened sidewall. Back in the day on meaty tires, and on truck tires today, the sidewalls were so tall and strong, that they would still hold up. Raised white letters just arent feasible in today's car tire market. That's a very basic summary, you can google it for an actual technical reason, but it revolves around sidewall stability. It may seem like a lot of people want them back, but a LOT more people don't, or dont care about them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I did 2 sets of tires. Very happy with product and end result. I used a heck of a lot of acetone, q-tips, and elbow grease to get the tires clean.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 61 Posts