Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.I have a 2010 Challenger R/T 5.7 L that came with Michelin 245-45-R20.I am looking for a taller tire.Something that will not rub or hit the fenders during driving nor steering.The Body and suspension is stock.And what from everyone out there would you recommend for tire brand? Car is put away during winter months and only tops 5,000 miles put on during a year.Would love white letters but know I have to measure and glue on myself.Love to hear comments.The 20 inch rims are staying the same.

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,570 Posts
Not many folks want to go taller, but something like a 245/50/20 would be 1” taller or even a 255/45/20 would be about 0.5” taller (although possibly too wide for an 8” rim).

As for brand, I’ve had good experiences with Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 and Kumho Ecsta PA51 on my Charger. I’ve run some others over the last two years that were mostly okay but unremarkable otherwise.

The two I listed stand out for their excellent performance for me.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,757 Posts
Be aware, there isn't much space between the upper control arm bolt and the stock height tire

A Guy

·
Registered
1 Posts
  • I recently bought legend 5's 20x9.5 I'm using the stock tires 245/45/20's that came with the 2018 challenger R/T doesn't look right. What size should I change to in the rear? I was thinking 275/40/20's.

·
Super Moderator
13,708 Posts
  • I recently bought legend 5's 20x9.5 I'm using the stock tires 245/45/20's that came with the 2018 challenger R/T doesn't look right. What size should I change to in the rear? I was thinking 275/40/20's.
A 275/40-20 tire looks great on the rear. That is what I have on my 2009 SRT (see photo).

For a great all-season ultra high performance tire that won't break the bank, I highly recommend the Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 tires (see link with reviews).

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not many folks want to go taller, but something like a 245/50/20 would be 1” taller or even a 255/45/20 would be about 0.5” taller (although possibly too wide for an 8” rim).

As for brand, I’ve had good experiences with Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 and Kumho Ecsta PA51 on my Charger. I’ve run some others over the last two years that were mostly okay but unremarkable otherwise.

The two I listed stand out for their excellent performance for me.
Read the reviews on them and seems people love the Firestone Firehawk.But didn't see any reviews on wear.How many miles you have on them and are they wearing ok?I use Firestone tires on my summer drives on my LT International and was very impressed with the wear.Got 2 summers out of them,and low cost to purchase,(we change them out during summer for fuel mileage)

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,570 Posts
Read the reviews on them and seems people love the Firestone Firehawk.But didn't see any reviews on wear.How many miles you have on them and are they wearing ok?I use Firestone tires on my summer drives on my LT International and was very impressed with the wear.Got 2 summers out of them,and low cost to purchase,(we change them out during summer for fuel mileage)
The mileage that the Indy 500s give you would be their only downside IMO. I was only getting about 20K miles out of them (less on the rears, for obvious reasons). It’s not a big enough strike against them to stop me from buying them, that’s how much I like their performance on my car, but I can see it being an issue with more budget-minded folks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts