Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a set of staggered wheels, the rears being 20x11. Does anyone have any trustworthy, reasonably priced tires that can be put on those bad boys. I only want the two rears done, because Dodge puts those pathetic 245s on the Scat Packs :|. I was thinking maybe 305s? Thanks!

·
Registered
190 Posts
For what use? That’ll help determine tire choice. Also realize that 305’s have a high potential to rub depending on the wheel specs.

Heck, on my SRT I had to mildly roll the fender lip with 295s to prevent rubbing over bumps with Hellcat replicas.

·
Super Moderator
13,849 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
I agree with Frank if it's a high mileage daily driver as the Motivo's will give you long wear. But if it's just a fun weekend car I would go with the G-2's. I've had both and like the G-2's much better just won't get the wear that the Motivo's will give.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Frank
What yr car do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I am looking at them Indy 500 fire hawks they are nice. A friend bought a set they look great and price is right

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
693 Posts
Give Mickey Thompson Sport Streets a look...and the 305 will fit in the rears...Maybe a little Mr. Heat Gun but they fit fine...On 10" rims...and 275's in front on 9.5" rims...

·
Super Moderator
15,343 Posts
For what use? That’ll help determine tire choice. Also realize that 305’s have a high potential to rub depending on the wheel specs.

Heck, on my SRT I had to mildly roll the fender lip with 295s to prevent rubbing over bumps with Hellcat replicas.
NYWScattie has a newer model - the '15+ have fully hemmed rear fenders and the fronts have the lip rolled 45*.

a 305/35 has more possibilities for fit. 315s depend on make / model of tire and the correct offset

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I have a 09 srt. I got demon reps which are 10.5 and 9.5
Offset if 22 rear. 15 front. I asked Bruce from factory repo multiple times WILL 305 rub he says no. If not I will send the dam things back lol

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
693 Posts
If it does rub in the rear, even oh so little...Mr. Heat Gun is your friend...Worked for me...Tiny bit of rub on drivers side...A little heat gun on plastic liners...No rub...and none on passenger side at all...

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Ya I have one in stand by. Hope I won’t by I am planning on it

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have 305s on the rear of my lowered '15 Scat Pack and they fit with no rubbing. Nitto 555R drag radials. Cheaper than the Hoosiers or Mickey T's and they hook up really good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought a used set of GT350 reps for my Mustang and they had Nankang tires on the back and they hooked really well. Way way better than the Pirellis that came on the car and they arent expensive either

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I’m currently running Nitto NT-555s in a 315 on the rear and love them, but I’ve also had good luck with the lower priced Sumitomo. Ran two sets over the years on staggered Challenger setups (as well as on a couple of older F-bodies) and was very pleased with them for everyday driving.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Replaced the stock tires with MPSS 295/35 rear and 265/35 front. Much better traction now. My Scat Pack has the upgraded Hellcat wheels with the stock 275's on all four corners which offered limited traction. A tire upgrade is a must for these cars.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I got some 20 X 10.5 Factory Reproduction replicas for the back of the kitty and put Atturo AZ850 in 315/35-20's on them. No rubbing or spacers needed. Tires were $130 and change each. Very happy with them. They are rated 110Y. Plus the same diameter as my 275/40's on the front. They put the P-Zero UHP summer tires to shame. Depending on the offset on those 11" wheels you may need a 3mm spacer. Do a search cause I know someone got the 11" and needed them. Ran them at two Texas Miles at 178+MPH with no issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
693 Posts
Replaced the stock tires with MPSS 295/35 rear and 265/35 front. Much better traction now. My Scat Pack has the upgraded Hellcat wheels with the stock 275's on all four corners which offered limited traction. A tire upgrade is a must for these cars.
Pictures!...We need pictures...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts