Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a nice deal on some very low-mileage OEM take-off, with tires, T/A 392 wheels. I have no reason to doubt that they are indeed OEM wheels. The actual car they came off of was there, and they have the proper 275/40/20 Pirelli tires on them. One thing I noticed later is that they dont seem to have a lot of the markings that some oem wheels do. They simply have a few small lines of text on the outer circumference of the hub. They have the proper size listed (20 x 9.5 +18) and has the proper Dodge part number.

I also noticed that they are made in China. It does not bother me that they are made in China, it’s just that I haven’t see any other discussions on here mentioning any other Challenger OEM wheels being made in China. I think they are indeed OEM but I am just looking for some verification. The main reason I want to verify is so that I don’t misrepresent what they are if I decide to sell them later and it turns out they aren’t the real deal (again, pretty confident they are).

I’ve searched high and low for a photo of the proper markings of these wheels for reference and have found nothing. Any T/A 392 owner have a set laying around that they can check for me?

I’m sure someone will say that I should have checked first, and you would be right; however, for the price I paid, I won’t be too upset whatever the outcome.

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,910 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Did you purchase those from a yellow TA in Central Illinois?
If so I can assure you they were completely original rims and tires!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the photo. That’s pretty much what mine look like as far as the markings go. I didn’t have any real doubt about what they were, I just like to verify everything; it’s just how I’m wired I guess. I’m more concerned that I didn’t realize that R/Ts have different front spindle assemblies and getting them to fit at the moment. ?

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
That was my Brother who sold you the wheels and tires. I tried to talk him out of selling them, but he hates black wheels. They were brand new take-offs as you discovered thanks to "A Guy's" post. You will find that "A Guy" is a tremendous help on this website.

You got a heck of a deal on them... I was tempted to buy them from him and see if I could sell them for more! I think a lot of us would be surprised to know how many parts are made in China now.

When you get them on please post a picture!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
As long as they meet the standard set by Dodge.......it really doesn't matter where any part is made. I hope they source their best price available.

Two reasons......I want to buy my cars and trucks for the best price possible and the idea of a solidly profitable car company selling to me assures they'll be around to honor their warranty commitment and the full length of time they are require by law to produce parts I may need during my ownership period.

Anyone looking to buy an American car......might be surprised to learn that some of the cars with most American made content and assembly are actually foreign brands.

In 2017 according to Forbes Magazine:

1. Toyota Camary

2. Toyota Sienna

3. Chevy Traverse

4. Honda Odyssey

5. GMC-Acaidia

6. Buick Enclave

7. Chevrolet Corvette

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Totally agree. In my original post, I said it doesn’t bother me that they are made there. I was just a little surprised only because I haven’t seen any other Challenger wheel made there, that’s all. They will be made to manufacturer specs just like you said. Doesn’t bother me at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts