Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am bringing my car into the dealer to have one of my stripes repaired since it has a gouge in it. They are doing it for free since I bought the car like this. My car is Hemi Orange with white R/T Classic side stripes. At first, I did not like the white stripes but based on the positive feedback I've gotten, they have grown on me. The dealer did say they could change them to black for around $360.00 installed. I also like the black side stripes and originally was looking for a car with them but ended up with mine since it was optioned how I wanted. I think black looks better with the trim/interior. White looks good on darker colors or with the Katzkin white interior but would cost me four times as much to change that out. I know white stripes is less common, but it will not make the car any more valuable or slow its depreciation :). So... should I leave the white stripes or switch them to black?

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I'm not a big fan of stripes on the HO Challengers. Maybe take them off all together? If not, I say leave them white.

·
Registered
558 Posts
For the R/T stripes I personally prefer black on HO. You've had the white on there for some time, if you don't LOVE it by now, maybe a change is in order.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I would personally leave the white stripes on the car. I have black on mine and love it. If mine would have come with white, then I would love them just as much. Plus you don't see very many white striped cars.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought of either leaving them or just having them removed at this point. I don't know if it worth the money to change them. You don't see many with white stripes, but there is something nice about no stripes too...

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
I've already stuck my foot in my mouth about this subject. I like the side stripes on the black, red, and several other colors....not so much the HO.

I'd do a stripe delete. :guiness:.......but thats just me....:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, after finding some pictures on the net of all the combinations I am considering, I think the car NEEDS the side stripes. I am partial to black, but everyone at work says leave them white. Side by side the black simply looks better though. The white stripes contrast the black trim/interior a little too much I think. The white side stripes look better on darker colors. They will be interesting to get off considering the car was on the dealer's lot/in the showroom for 7-8 months before I bought it.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For the R/T stripes I personally prefer black on HO. You've had the white on there for some time, if you don't LOVE it by now, maybe a change is in order.
That's exactly right. I have been trying to love them, but I just don't though everyone else seems to. I don't hate them either. I just wanted black originally and used to cringe at the white striped ones in photos. In person, white looks better than you would expect, but black GOES better with the rest of the car.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
That's exactly right. I have been trying to love them, but I just don't though everyone else seems to. I don't hate them either. I just wanted black originally and used to cringe at the white striped ones in photos. In person, white looks better than you would expect, but black GOES better with the rest of the car.

LOL.......its funny....its should be obvious to everyone that I like white on HO.....but I'm like you.....I cringed at the sight of white SIDE stripes.

I would agree with you....black side stripes looks better but it looks just as good side stripe delete IMO. Its amazing....I love the white side stripes on brillant black, blackberry and a few other colors...I went through RiderGraphix photo gallery over and over and found what appealed to me.

I'm not too sure about your comment that EVERYONE else seems to love them.....I'd say from MOST the comments above most people are trying to politely say they DONT like them.....I'll tell you straight up..... I hate the white side stripes.....but I love the white rally stripes.....:bigthumb:

If you dont LOVE them by now make a change.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Personally I like the white side stripes. But if you don't then now is the time to change. In the end the only opinion that matters is yours. So I'd agree with the other folks if you don't love them by now it's time to go with what pleases YOU!

·
Registered
210 Posts
did the stripe already have a scratch in it or did you scratch it some how and there repairing it for free?

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
did the stripe already have a scratch in it or did you scratch it some how and there repairing it for free?
It already had a small scratch in it when I got the car. They are also taking car of a tiny scuff on the rear bumper and couple of rock chips on the bottom of the driver's side door. Just turned 450 miles.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL.......its funny....its should be obvious to everyone that I like white on HO.....but I'm like you.....I cringed at the sight of white SIDE stripes.

I would agree with you....black side stripes looks better but it looks just as good side stripe delete IMO. Its amazing....I love the white side stripes on brillant black, blackberry and a few other colors...I went through RiderGraphix photo gallery over and over and found what appealed to me.

I'm not too sure about your comment that EVERYONE else seems to love them.....I'd say from MOST the comments above most people are trying to politely say they DONT like them.....I'll tell you straight up..... I hate the white side stripes.....but I love the white rally stripes.....:bigthumb:

If you dont LOVE them by now make a change.
When I said everyone likes them, it has been family, friends, co workers who have seen it in person. However, if the two were parked side by side, I think the opinions would change. People at work keep saying, "You have to leave the white ones. It is more unique and rare." That's what I meant. I prefer black, which seems to be the general consensus to those who have seen both.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger R/T
119 Posts
I have the same design, HO w/ white. A lot of people seem to like them outside my family. However its a bunch of older guys who are nostalgic of the 70's Challenger.

I'm looking to personalize it and i like vichris's design. Its still up in the air. HO is such a hard color to contract with other then black. White limits a lot of options

1 - 19 of 19 Posts