Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Agree/Disagree this is my feedback to Dodge. No flamers, comments are welcome.

Dodge,
I have been a happy Challenger owner since I ordered my BlackBerry Pearl Classic 6spd. in January of 2011. I have done many mods to make the car my own. I belong to a Challenger Club and I have been to 3 Springfest events in Southern California. I daily drove my car for 3 years and currently have 30K miles on it. I had fully expected to upgrade my car to a new 2015 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker 392 as soon as it was available to order.

The reasons for me to upgrade:

1. Exterior Color - I gravitate toward Blue cars. I ordered my Blackberry Pearl Classic with only a 1" x 1" color swatch because it was the only blue available. I like the color of the car but it is darker than I would prefer. I would have been much happier with B5 or Blue Streak Pearl. I would have considered the Redline Tricoat but it was $995 and I didn't want to spend the money without seeing the color on the car. By the way, I really like it.

2. Interior Color - In 2011 the only color was Dark Slate Gray. These cars are not merely transportation, they are for people who want to be different. They should have some custom-ability from the factory.

3. Factory Shaker Hood - I have always wanted a Shaker hood. Dodge didn't have it available in 2011 so I went with the Cervini's kit. Once it was available in 2014 it was only available on 5.7 cars and it wasn't worth trading my car just for the shaker.

4. Power upgrade from 5.7 to 6.4. Car is heavy and needs the cubic inches to take off from a full stop.

5. Interior Upgrades and 8.4 Uconnect.

6. 8spd transmission - I currently have the 6spd manual. The heavy clutch, long throws and the notchiness of the transmission has really wore me out. I've tried all of the upgrades including a Barton shifter which is an improvement. I have also asked the dealer if it is out of sorts but they say its normal. I drove a friend of mine's Camaro SS which has the same transmission and it felt soooo much better. I don't know why.

7. Handling upgrade - Even though I have lowered my car and added an Eibach Pro kit my baby still feels big.

Reasons why I am not upgrading:

1. Color - B5 Blue Perfect! Not available until November I can deal with that.

2. Interior Color - Dodge gave customers what they want. A choice of interior colors. Great I want the Red that Dodge is showing everywhere. Well not so fast....You can't get Red with a B5 car. How about White? Only available with the 5.7 cars.

3. Shaker Hood - Its available, but not until January. The same hood was used on the 2014's what gives? Its not like a new option. Sheesh! Also, B5 is a limited color so no one can tell me if it will still be available to order once the Shaker comes out (just because they say January doesn't guarantee it)

4. Power upgrade - got this right and the price

5. Interior upgrade and 8.4 - homerun

6. 8spd auto - good job. Still would rather see a quick shift lighter clutch 6spd manual.

7. Was hoping for handling improvements when the MB parts were replaced with FCA parts but there has been no information and the car mags who have done tests haven't pointed this out as a serious improvement so I assume it will be roughly the same.

8. The perpetual limited information from Dodge about color/availability on shaker etc. has really taken the fun out of it all. Information is power and I am no longer willing to wait and be disappointed.

So in conclusion : My current car is awesome, I have upgraded it to make it look and drive the way I want (without spending $$$$$$) so the real reasons to upgrade would be Colors. Since I cannot get the colors I want, I have decided not to upgrade the Challenger. I also own a Corvette Convertible which provides me the open air car that the Challenger isn't. After looking at the new C7 and their offerings. I have decided to get a Laguna Blue C7 Corvette with the Adrenaline Red interior. Chevy is charging me $590 for a color override to get what I want and I am happy to pay for it.

So I'll now have my Challenger and a car with the colors I want. :cheers:

It just shouldn't be this hard for someone to spend $50,000. :bash: I love the direction that FCA is going and have been tuned in to what's going on.

Hopefully this did not come off as a rant.

Thanks,
BBH

Attachments

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
No flaming but if you can't handle the hydraulic clutch of the Challenger your leg is too weak.

Also adrenalin red and blue is hideous unless you graduated from Boise State...;)

Enjoy your new Vette

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Your 2011 is really nice.

You said an awful lot to say not much at all. It just sounds like you are frustrated that you don't have all the information you need to make an educated decision. See maybe if by January things fall into place with a scat pack B5 Shaker and you can accept the upgraded black interior with the A8 or stick, whichever you may choose.

Reactions: rghoskins

·
Registered
212 Posts
Also, B5 is a limited color so no one can tell me if it will still be available to order once the Shaker comes out (just because they say January doesn't guarantee it)
just to nitpick this one comment, seems to be your biggest issue, it is not likely there will be an issue with the Late avail colors (Redline Tricoat and B5 Blue) and the shaker, but the Early colors and the shaker (Sublime and Torred) because it is likely that there will be a small (if at all) window where these options (early year colors and Shaker pkg)overlap

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can handle the clutch just fine. The problem is that it is less fun than a smooth quick throw transmission and why upgrade when no changes have been made. I'm not the first to highlight this or the last.

Color is subjective, to each his own

No flaming but if you can't handle the hydraulic clutch of the Challenger your leg is too weak.

Also adrenalin red and blue is hideous unless you graduated from Boise State...;)

Enjoy your new Vette

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Black interior is a non-starter for me. Some people like to buy the same exact color every time. Black on Black / White on Black. When I purchase a new car I am looking for something different than I had before especially when purchasing the same exact car which for all intents purposes is 95% the same looks on the outside.

Your 2011 is really nice.

You said an awful lot to say not much at all. It just sounds like you are frustrated that you don't have all the information you need to make an educated decision. See maybe if by January things fall into place with a scat pack B5 Shaker and you can accept the upgraded black interior with the A8 or stick, whichever you may choose.

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Yeah, it's not a heavy clutch, not at all.
I agree, to me it feels like the pedal isn't attached to anything. OP should have felt the three finger clutch I had in my 71 Cuda back in 86. My left leg had a nice workout after a hour or so behind the wheel.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I like the 1970 look better than the 1971 model the only thing I would like to stick in my challenger is the hellcat engine and 8spd trans and rear

·
Registered
212 Posts
Black interior is a non-starter for me. Some people like to buy the same exact color every time. Black on Black / White on Black. When I purchase a new car I am looking for something different than I had before especially when purchasing the same exact car which for all intents and purposes is 95% the same looks on the outside.
The red interior in the Challenger does look nice, but IMO wouldnt pair well with B5 blue, it would look great in a Black or grey colored car tho. White would look good in a B5 car but would need some heavy white striping on the exterior to "bring it together" IMO, plus a white seat seems like it would show every smudge on it. Sepia or Black look good with almost any exterior color. All that being said, it seems like they could work out a program like GM has where you can override the cosmetic option restrictions for a small upcharge.

and enjoy the new vette, those are nice cars

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
You got hydraulic clutch and complain about it? LOL you should try my mustangs manual center force clutch....
Reminds me of a old man that works with me he got duramax chevy truck and keep on complain about clutch was to heavy, so one Saturday I have my mustang at work and he bring up the heavy clutch again, so on brake we went out and I check his truck and the clutch was feather compared to my stang, so I drag his old ass to my car and let him try it out after he was done he say, huh I guess I don't have much to complain about it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sure, but the point is that Dodge will not confirm anything. What is the secrecy? Just say, it is our intention to offer B5 and Sublime with the Shaker unless something happens outside of our control. DONE! no confusion.

just to nitpick this one comment, seems to be your biggest issue, it is not likely there will be an issue with the Late avail colors (Redline Tricoat and B5 Blue) and the shaker, but the Early colors and the shaker (Sublime and Torred) because it is likely that there will be a small (if at all) window where these options (early year colors and Shaker pkg)overlap

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Everybody is focused on the statement of heavy clutch. It is a combination of clutch feel and shifter action. This is 2015 not 1971.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Why I will be buying one,? Because I don't have one jet, because I want one, because they are awesome, only problem I have is I love the look of the scat pack shacker and I love the power of the hellcat...
I don't know what I'm getting yet.....

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Sure, but the point is that Dodge will not confirm anything. What is the secrecy? Just say, it is our intention to offer B5 and Sublime with the Shaker unless something happens outside of our control. DONE! no confusion.
Dodge does not owe anyone a rollout plan for colors or features, or explanation of any unresolved issues / timings with availability. They could have just as well never mentioned B5 or Shakers and suddenly introduced them at their whim, or not at all.

But what Chrysler has done by giving us a teaser is to stir interest and anticipation. People are talking about them and eagerly awaiting what comes next.

Its only confusion because you have decided to be confused and fail to see that the information simply has not been provided yet.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I'm in agreement with a lot of your points!
Makes sense, especially your point about the Shaker hood, since its NOT like brand new item (2014).

I almost went the C7 route as well, but since I already have a Vette, I decided to forgo the Shaker, and get a regular Scat Pack. Too bad they can't give you the color you want w/ the interior you want..

Like, what do they care, its your car, all they're doing is building it...!
You're the one PAYING for it...

Burger King> have it YOUR way! Right? Oh yea, this is Dodge/Chrysler/Fiat, its THEIR way or no way....
NO B5, NO Shaker, NO red w/ B5, NO Sepia w/ Sublime........

Yea right... Just continue to dissuade buyers (customers), who WANT your product they way THEY want it!!!!!

·
Registered
748 Posts

Enjoy your new Vette

I would call a blue car with red interior retro or classic. I would love a jazz blue with radar red interior. Unconventional but classic.

Reactions: Denzien and Oil

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I'm in agreement with a lot of your points!
Makes sense, especially your point about the Shaker hood, since its NOT like brand new item (2014).

I almost went the C7 route as well, but since I already have a Vette, I decided to forgo the Shaker, and get a regular Scat Pack. Too bad they can't give you the color you want w/ the interior you want..

Like, what do they care, its your car, all they're doing is building it...!
You're the one PAYING for it...

Burger King> have it YOUR way! Right? Oh yea, this is Dodge/Chrysler/Fiat, its THEIR way or no way....
NO B5, NO Shaker, NO red w/ B5, NO Sepia w/ Sublime........

Yea right... Just continue to dissuade buyers (customers), who WANT your product they way THEY want it!!!!!
Bottom line it comes down to assembly line / build economics. If you want a Challenger you are going to buy it in one of the available configurations. If red seats are more important to you then you are going to go buy some other car with red seats. I'd guess for most, that a preference of a car model or a car within a class is more important than the color of the interior. I've never known anyone who was shopping for a car with red seats vs shopping a Challenger, Prius or Gs350 or a Muscle car, econobox or a luxury sedan etc.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts