Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Mopar fans,

Just wondering if it's worth it to install long tube headers on my 2012 Dodge Challenger RT. I've already equipped it with a tuner, performance exhaust, but naturally am looking for additional performance gains. Some insight on this and what kind of horsepower gains I could expect would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon Becker
Auburn,MI

·
Registered
882 Posts
This is an aged old question...... If you are like most of us, you will eventually want more power. Headers are typically the foundation to unleashing HP. We all have budgets, so now you are faced with the dilemma of figuring out if you can do the work yourself, or will you have to pay someone else to do it for you. Once you determine where you want to go with your car, that will ultimate answer the question. Are you a weekend warrior, or stop light to stop light guy? Is this a street car for pleasure, or do you intend to race it often...... The cost of a good set of headers is around $1200 + the labor to install them. IMO that is a lot of coin for around 30 HP at the wheels. Again, at the end of the day you have to make this decision. I knew for the day I bought my challenger that I was going to put headers on mine, so it wasn't really a decision at all. Now Heads/Cam/Gears/Custom tune, and HPTuning software later, I think I may be finished......... Unless I can get a good deal on a stroker crank and rods..... It never ends my friend.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
If you plan on lowering your car, long tubes will be a real problem for you. Consider shorties if you do have plans to.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hello, I just installed long tube headers on my 2014 srt8 6.4 last weekend and man was it hard. But I can tell you after the tune from Johan, its totally worth it. Took me about 8 hours in my drive way by myself. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts