Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've caked enough rubber on the rear quarters now to get frustrated cleaning it. I'm hoping (not really) this is a good thing? This post is really just for "fun" and opinions are the best but really....I find myself detailing the hell out of my car, in and out. As a daily driver (of my IE) there's that occasion (once) a week to just "light 'em up" albeit briefly. Looking at the tread, it's probably 30% more worn then the front. At this point, I " wanna "stop doing burn outs on my collector car but it's so hard not to. I guess it's time to make the smart choice and chill but that sounds so boring! 2081 on the odo. and running like a top! Guess it's time to chill as I don't rag on the car otherwise. It's the devil on my shoulder telling me....Light 'em up!!
The other angelic side (yeah right) think about the rear end, tranny etc.

So, I'm gonna chill for now then send a vid of my last burn out.....Then new tires.
p.s. How's everyone else doing with this dilemna?

the 392 freaking rocks!! :bigthumb:

love, Dino

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
I have yet to burn rubber.. But let's see what damage I've done already... Put a freaking chip in my door (my fault... I fixed it) and tonight a stupid Semi threw a rock at my windsheild so now I have a chip in the glass.. Going to see if my insurance will cover a resin repair. It almost doesn't pay to own something nice and TRY to take care of it..

When that stone hit my window I about flipped out... I wouldn't have been near the semi if the MORON woman in front of me in the fast lane would have moved the hell over like she should have...

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Keep on burning rubber, they will make more.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Keep doing it! Otherwise you won't have as much fun with your car. Plus it has all that power so you CAN do that.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
79 Posts
I layed rubber a few times in my R/T, but now that I've got the SRT I just can't bare the thought of beating it that hard. Don't get me wrong, I love to run it up through the gears and push it through the canyons, but spinning the wheels just doesn't appeal to me. And besides, mine's a 2010 and known for it's wheel hopping; so if I don't spin the wheels I don't have to worry about wheel hop. But you guys go ahead and have fun!
DougT

·
Super Moderator
14,708 Posts
Where are you doing all of these burnouts? In NJ, cops will quickly give you a ticket for reckless driving.

The tires on these cars are so expensive. Aren't you concerned with the replacement cost?

·
Registered
36 Posts
To lay rubber or not, that is the question.

Lay it! Rotate your tires right now, and do it more often. Buy new tires when the wear indicators give you their bad news. Rinse and repeat for as long as you own the car.

Life's far too short not to.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where are you doing all of these burnouts? In NJ, cops will quickly give you a ticket for reckless driving.

The tires on these cars are so expensive. Aren't you concerned with the replacement cost?
1. Lots of sneaky little places to do this in San Diego

2. These F1's are not all they're cracked up to be after doing some research.

3. I'll have it out of my system by the time I get new tires

Just having fun in the new ride, that's all :thumbsup:

·
Registered
416 Posts
1. Lots of sneaky little places to do this in San Diego

2. These F1's are not all they're cracked up to be after doing some research.

3. I'll have it out of my system by the time I get new tires

Just having fun in the new ride, that's all :thumbsup:
I responded to your PM.

As for these OEM tires, they're horrible compared to various others available.

For good 3 season use, look into the Vredesteins if you want a soild performing tire with good wear qualities. For pure performance, look at the Nitto NT05... these will wear quicker but they work like a dream. You should be able to find either (in 275 widths) for LESS than the F1's.

Get your burnout fling out of your system with the OEM tires, then get the good tires to hone your driving skills. IMO.

*Folks, don't forget to review tires, etc. on various SRT/LX platform forums... not just Challenger based, as the SRT8 lineup uses the same tire/rim sizes stock.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've caked enough rubber on the rear quarters now to get frustrated cleaning it. I'm hoping (not really) this is a good thing? This post is really just for "fun" and opinions are the best but really....I find myself detailing the hell out of my car, in and out. As a daily driver (of my IE) there's that occasion (once) a week to just "light 'em up" albeit briefly. Looking at the tread, it's probably 30% more worn then the front. At this point, I " wanna "stop doing burn outs on my collector car but it's so hard not to. I guess it's time to make the smart choice and chill but that sounds so boring! 2081 on the odo. and running like a top! Guess it's time to chill as I don't rag on the car otherwise. It's the devil on my shoulder telling me....Light 'em up!!
The other angelic side (yeah right) think about the rear end, tranny etc.

So, I'm gonna chill for now then send a vid of my last burn out.....Then new tires.
p.s. How's everyone else doing with this dilemna?

the 392 freaking rocks!! :bigthumb:

love, Dino
I say at this point, continue to drive it as a hybrid, half gas/half rubber until you get them replaced!

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Lite those suckers up!!
Smoke 'em and feel alive.
Get it out of your system.
Just don't do it in front of the wife. Mine cursed me out and wouldn't talk to me for 2 days but oh well..we are still together eh.:smokin:

·
Registered
330 Posts
My kid wants me to do a burnout, so I told my wife I want her to video it for me, she just shook her head and mumbled something about kids and their toys... (I'm 49 by the way)

·
Registered
416 Posts
My kid wants me to do a burnout, so I told my wife I want her to video it for me, she just shook her head and mumbled something about kids and their toys... (I'm 49 by the way)
My son typically says something like "Dadda, do a burnout... Dadda, do a donut..."

Usually, he tries getting me to do this in my wife's Murano! LMAO

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I responded to your PM.

As for these OEM tires, they're horrible compared to various others available.

For good 3 season use, look into the Vredesteins if you want a soild performing tire with good wear qualities. For pure performance, look at the Nitto NT05... these will wear quicker but they work like a dream. You should be able to find either (in 275 widths) for LESS than the F1's.

Get your burnout fling out of your system with the OEM tires, then get the good tires to hone your driving skills. IMO.

*Folks, don't forget to review tires, etc. on various SRT/LX platform forums... not just Challenger based, as the SRT8 lineup uses the same tire/rim sizes stock.
WOW! Vredesteins will be the call. After looking at the website and the quality control, look/design, I'm signing up! First the "gopro" camera to show the F1's burning up! As far as "the wife" is concerned (later posts)
I don't have one. My girlfriend however makes good coin and she wants a 392. We'll be adding another 392 or 426 ( that would be cool) to the stable in the next year or so. Chris, good looking out! Thanks for the mail, got it!
I'm thinking Green with Envy, dropped and after "she" buys it, I'll let her know what car she can drive!! That will determine if she'll be my wife :)
I knew this would be a fun post! You MOPAR freaks are the best!

Circa 1983 in high school; my two friends that were brothers help me rebuild the V8 (350) In my '70 Monte Carlo. They had a '72 R.Runner w/ a 340 and a '68 Cuda with a 318. The guy down the block had a 67/68 HEMI GTX.....needless to say I was envious/jealous. One of the Bros. wrote me after seeing my 392....he said, "it's about time you got a Mopar, drooling":thumbsup::thumbsup: !! Loving every minute of it!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts