Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already posted this in another section by mistake....

You wont believe this...read below.

On Jan 31, I went to my Dodge dealer to order a Plum Crazy Shaker. Dealer said they had already stopped taking orders for Plum Crazy...but could order different color. SO I ordered a heador orange one (my 2nd choice).
Today...the dealer called and said my orange shaker should be htere MOnday, Mar 24...great!
I am sitting at lunch today...dealer calls and says...."We have a PCP Shker here...do you want it?". I am 5 minutes from dealer, so I rode up ther to look at it. Some lady ordered it way back, and though she was getting scat back options on it...when it arrive Monday, she looked at it (yesterday)...and Decided she didnt want it....so he calls me.

He;'s the odd part....it has the EXACT same options as I ordered...except mine was 730N with HK System (which you cant even order anymore?????)..this one had 730N with SOund II.

options:
Auto, Anti Slip, 730Nav, High Intensity Headlamps..mine had HK System, purple one has Sound II option

Well...thats seems odd to me....but, I heard nothing but negtive about HK system....so thats fine with me.

Now, I have to decide....and I am having a hard time. DO I want the PCp one...or wait till MOnday for the orange one?

The purple one is #170...and it didnt have a name on Sticker...he said she wasa friend of the owner, and he had ordered it for her.

All seems odd to me....??

What yall think?? HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
2014 Shaker
137 Posts
I'd get the PCP if that's what you originally wanted. The sound group 2 may be sufficient for you. And even if it isn't, an upgrade will be cheaper than a paint job... Then send the Header Orange my way. I was too late to get a shaker.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
No Name

That seems odd no name on the window sticker...1st I've heard of that...Am second in line for the Header Orange if your decide to take the PCP Shaker.

Good luck with what ever color you choose. :clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
15,064 Posts
Will be plenty of Purples around, I might go for the Header Orange! :cheers:

Talked to my dealer yesterday, they have 7 or 8 Shakers coming in, most colors but ALL automatics.

That seems odd no name on the window sticker...1st I've heard of that...
He said she was friends of the owner so he probably just showed it as a stock order hence no name.

·
Registered
82 Posts
PCP with the black shaker looks mean. Just my opinion. I don't think you can go wrong with either color ! It is a Challenger after all !

·
Registered
601 Posts
That seems odd no name on the window sticker...1st I've heard of that...Am second in line for the Header Orange if your decide to take the PCP Shaker.

Good luck with what ever color you choose. :clap::clap::clap:
I asked my dealer about my name on the window sticker and he told me "your name won't be on the window sticker, they don't do that."

I know people have gotten their names on it so I just didn't feel like arguing with the guy so I let it go. If mine is on it great if not oh well.

·
Registered
601 Posts
To the OP, this is a no brainer IMO. Go with what you initially wanted. However, if you're still not sure ask the dealer to have the cars next to each other when you go to look/buy. You'll know right then which one you want. It will let you know. Don't worry about the HK system. That's an easy fix and I'm sure you can even work out a deal on having it added.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HK System....actaully, after all the bad stuff I heard about that...I would prefer the one WITHOUT the HK system. I ordered HK system casue I wanted top of line sound....but after I ordered, i started seeing all the negative comments about it....I really havent heard hardly any good comments..so SOund group II, to me is even better.

I love the PCP....only negative is all the "black stuff"..sticker, etc...doesnt stand out to well...on the Orange, all the Black stuff stands out great. I hope I get to see the HEador Orange one Monday so I can compare...I know the pcis of the Header ORange ones, arent even close to what they look like in person...the pics make it almost look like the Hemi Orange...its not..its a more pale, almost pastel look....Heador Orange was my 2nd choice of color...We'll see...but damn..almost as hard as trying to figure out which exhaust to put in!!!

·
Registered
15,064 Posts
I asked my dealer about my name on the window sticker and he told me "your name won't be on the window sticker, they don't do that."

I know people have gotten their names on it so I just didn't feel like arguing with the guy so I let it go. If mine is on it great if not oh well.
Yeah that guy is full of it, if the dealer orders it as a "sold vehicle" then the owner's name will be on the windw sticker, been that way for years.

·
Premium Member
9,676 Posts
HK System....actaully, after all the bad stuff I heard about that...I would prefer the one WITHOUT the HK system. I ordered HK system casue I wanted top of line sound....but after I ordered, i started seeing all the negative comments about it....I really havent heard hardly any good comments..so SOund group II, to me is even better.

I love the PCP....only negative is all the "black stuff"..sticker, etc...doesnt stand out to well...on the Orange, all the Black stuff stands out great. I hope I get to see the HEador Orange one Monday so I can compare...I know the pcis of the Header ORange ones, arent even close to what they look like in person...the pics make it almost look like the Hemi Orange...its not..its a more pale, almost pastel look....Heador Orange was my 2nd choice of color...We'll see...but damn..almost as hard as trying to figure out which exhaust to put in!!!
Go listen for yourself. If you listen to enough whining on a forum a person wouldn't even buy the car at all.
You are paying for it so you decide.

Reactions: 71 HemiCuda

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts

Your dealer is an idiot!
If they order it with your name on the paperwork, your name goes on the sticker, if they order it as a dealer order, then its not.

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
Your dealer is an idiot!
If they order it with your name on the paperwork, your name goes on the sticker, if they order it as a dealer order, then its not.
Lol yeah I'm not denying the guys an idiot. I just figured why argue. My name was on the VOTS site so hopefully they filled out all the paperwork right and it is on the sticker

·
Registered
118 Posts
If your name wasn't on the order, you wouldn't be able to access the VOTS system. I put a deposit down on a 2013 HO Classic before it went D1 and asked the dealer to get it put into my name and it couldn't be done, so I could not access the VOTS and had to rely on the dealer for updates.

So: Access to VOTS = your name on window sticker!

:clap:

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Just want to add; I wouldn'd be persuaded by the sound system st all. Zero.

Once you get a muscle car exhaust, they all sound the same LOL

:D

·
Registered
601 Posts
If your name wasn't on the order, you wouldn't be able to access the VOTS system. I put a deposit down on a 2013 HO Classic before it went D1 and asked the dealer to get it put into my name and it couldn't be done, so I could not access the VOTS and had to rely on the dealer for updates.

So: Access to VOTS = your name on window sticker!

:clap:
Nice! That's a pleasant surprise and added excitement.

·
Registered
583 Posts
PCP will be the lowest prod number of the shakers we didn't build many of them , tons of orange ones
How would the billet silver compare to the PCP as far as production numbers.
I thought the silver would be the lowest requested color.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts