Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys! lately i have been researching superchargers for my 5.7 (2015) and then i have also been looking into scatpacks. (kind of what i originally wanted before i got my R/T but wasn't ready money wise) I have been looking into little mods here and there as well (black gas cap, scat pack stripes, srt style wing spoiler, and new wheels as such. So with that being said which would really be a better decision for me? because when i think about the supercharger i think about the longevity of the engine, not to mention the things that i already have on my R/T (electric cutouts and mopar CAI, and that i still have the same monthly payment on my car as well. V.S. having a higher monthly payment with the scat pack but more horses and granted the little mods that i want to do as well. Just here for info and opinions ill take them all thanks in advance guys! p.s. out of curiosity, do you think my car would be at pretty good trade value 2015 R/T 22k miles?

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
You'll probably get hammered on a trade in price.

That said, the SP is more than just increased HP. You'll get the larger Brembo brakes and a tuned suspension. They all work together well.

Best of luck, and it's all about what you're willing to pay, or can afford.

Reactions: south4441

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
The 5.7 is bullet proof and takes boost better than the 6.4 actually. Do you like to hotrod? If so, building your car may be more satisfying for you. Bigger question for you is are you willing to dump your warranty?

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
For the street, definitely the Scat Pack. If you want to mod the engine for race then probably just stay where you are.
You may be surprised to see what they would give you. Just keep saying no until you can't.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
The 5.7 is bullet proof and takes boost better than the 6.4 actually. Do you like to hotrod? If so, building your car may be more satisfying for you. Bigger question for you is are you willing to dump your warranty?
I have a 2015 R/T, what is the warranty on the car? I never really asked.... It has less than 9k miles on it.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I have a 2015 R/T, what is the warranty on the car? I never really asked.... It has less than 9k miles on it.
3/36 bumper to bumper. I believe a 100,000 on drive train. You don't want to just throw that away.......I don't think.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Trade

Guys! lately i have been researching superchargers for my 5.7 (2015) and then i have also been looking into scatpacks. (kind of what i originally wanted before i got my R/T but wasn't ready money wise) I have been looking into little mods here and there as well (black gas cap, scat pack stripes, srt style wing spoiler, and new wheels as such. So with that being said which would really be a better decision for me? because when i think about the supercharger i think about the longevity of the engine, not to mention the things that i already have on my R/T (electric cutouts and mopar CAI, and that i still have the same monthly payment on my car as well. V.S. having a higher monthly payment with the scat pack but more horses and granted the little mods that i want to do as well. Just here for info and opinions ill take them all thanks in advance guys! p.s. out of curiosity, do you think my car would be at pretty good trade value 2015 R/T 22k miles?

I traded in my R/T in March....For a CAT :banana:

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the street, definitely the Scat Pack. If you want to mod the engine for race then probably just stay where you are.
You may be surprised to see what they would give you. Just keep saying no until you can't.
Definitely street man, it all really depends on what the dealer is trying to give me. Im not taking rape for an answer.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
I had a 2010 R/T that I loved and also thought about keeping it and supercharging it and so forth. Ultimately I decided to trade it in as it was paid off and go with a new Scat Pack. No regrets at all. With only basic mods and a tune the car is running mid 11's. The car has great suspension, awesome brakes, beastly engine, and the interior is really nice.

Never hurts to see what they'd give you on trade in. You don't have to do anything. The offers you get may help you decide on which way to go as well.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,728 Posts
Back in 2014 I was looking for a 392, then stumbled upon the Limited Edition Shakers which were only available with the 5.7. I haven't regretted my decision since, and I have had a ball modding my ride since I got it. Of course it has a Magnuson with an undisclosed amount of boost hidden under the scoop... >:)

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
My Cat

Congrats!!! Tell us how you like it.
Love that Beast.
If your looking, check out a left over.
I did for my cat, it's a left over 2016, I bought it in March 2017, Brand new, first owner.
The car was listed at $ 71000, but on the windshield was marked $ 64999.
With 100 miles on it.
They took off the $999.00 So the car was $ 64000.
I traded in my 2016 R/T PLUS SHAKER with 3500 miles on it.
They gave me $ 35000.00 for the R/T, and I owed less than that on it.
I think I did well, The cat is just a figgin blast to drive and I only use the RED key.
The cat will get at crusing 80mph 25mpg.
It all depends on how heavy your right foot is.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Love that Beast.
If your looking, check out a left over.
I did for my cat, it's a left over 2016, I bought it in March 2017, Brand new, first owner.
The car was listed at $ 71000, but on the windshield was marked $ 64999.
With 100 miles on it.
They took off the $999.00 So the car was $ 64000.
I traded in my 2016 R/T PLUS SHAKER with 3500 miles on it.
They gave me $ 35000.00 for the R/T, and I owed less than that on it.
I think I did well, The cat is just a figgin blast to drive and I only use the RED key.
The cat will get at crusing 80mph 25mpg.
It all depends on how heavy your right foot is.
Thanks for the update! I got mine in March too, the 31st. You got a great deal. I did the same thing for a SP.
Listed for $49K got it for $40,200. Happy camper......the Wife loves it. OUTA MY WAY!!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Me too!!

I have been kicking the same idea around for a few months now. I'm actually thinking of jumping over to the 392 Charger though. Nothing is set just yet, I did go over to the dealership to look at what they had. I really like the Challenger and I know if I sell it I'll miss it so I have the same dilemma, trade up or Procharger? I see the benefits of both, I don't want to race the car, I just want a bit more go so the 392 is interesting to me. On the other hand I have been told that the Procharger is easy to do and does not require internals or fuel injectors to be changed although it does require premium gas (5.7 only requires mid grade). So part of me just wants the new car all over again (the smell of a new car is intoxicating) and just be done not having to upgrade. Part of me wants to keep my current car and go procharger (all the power I will ever need). I really think that with the other features that are standard on the Scat, the Scat has the advantage. My main hesitation is the trade in value on mine as well, but I guess the only way to see is to bring it in and let them look at it. Good luck, this is a tough decision but the other guys are right that the dealership might make it very easy on you (MIGHT...)

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
More power for the 5.7? another option besides supercharging is Cam and Headers with a good tune. That combination got me within 25 hp of 392's on the dyno. Cost in parts was 3k.

JBA Shorties, Jay Greene 1.5 HL cam and Jay Greene tune. You have lots of options

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Well, from someone who has one I have to vote for the unbelievably stiff suspension, monster motor with the warranty.
And the smell. Mine smelled more than any new car I have EVER had. Wow! Then I had the dealer put katzkin in and that was almost too much......for 4 months!!! The exhaust system kicks behind. Drops to 4cyl. to save you gas when not needed. Normally aspirated...... biggest of the Hemi's........ come on man! Good luck!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think I’m gonna go for the Scat. Only down part is that I am overseas currently. I won’t be back until April-May 18’ but my car will be about 4 years old then with only 22k miles a good trade value is really going to decide it all for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I’m gonna go for the Scat. Only down part is that I am overseas currently. I won’t be back until April-May 18’ but my car will be about 4 years old then with only 22k miles a good trade value is really going to decide it all for me.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

It seems they deal harder to sell a Scat. Should work out in your favor. Dealer where I bought mine discounts the Scats by $5k and the SRT $3K. Both 2018s They still have 2016s! Always get fresh old ones to sell. Mine was. SO, good choice!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts