Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously thinking of getting a tuner, however I don't want to void my warranty. Has anyone had their warranty voided or been denied warranty repair work from having a tune on their vehicle?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I don't think it is set in stone per say, and really comes down to the dealership you might have to deal with. Some say they can void the warranty, some say they wont.

The only bolt-ons I know that wont void the warranty is a catback exhaust and cold air intake, everything else is subjective to the whims of the dealership.

1,931 Posts
Yes your warranty could be voided if you flash a tune..........that said your dealer has no way of detecting a tune (regardless of what some will tell you) though if they send your PCM to the Chrysler engineers they can......now with that said you dont want to leave your tune installed because if the dealer flashes an update you tuner will be locked out and your tune lost......logic says just return your car to stock tune before taking to the dealer....

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
Yes your warranty could be voided if you flash a tune..........that said your dealer has no way of detecting a tune (regardless of what some will tell you) though if they send your PCM to the Chrysler engineers they can......now with that said you dont want to leave your tune installed because if the dealer flashes an update you tuner will be locked out and your tune lost......logic says just return your car to stock tune before taking to the dealer....
What TN said. Just put your stock tune in when you go for service....yes it is worth the hassle...tuner is awesome

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I have the Intune tuner, and I would not trade it for anything. If you have a automatic trans you will notice a real nice improvement in shift firmness, better throttle response, along with being able to turn the MDS off, plus many other functions. :icon_smile:

·
Registered
968 Posts
So many iterations of this exact thread topic...

I care about my extended warranty... I also bought a tuner/custom tune... No problems... nuff said.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies. I got a little worried after reading about some warranty work being denied because of a tuner in the timing chain failure thread. If Chrysler is going to start denying warranty work because of a tuner, I'll hear about it within the next month or so when they start doing the timing chain work on thousands of the 5.7 R/Ts.

·
Registered
387 Posts
"Just put it back to stock before going in for service".

That's a good idea unless your car actually breaks down. Most guys I know only take their car to the dealership if it breaks down or has some fairly significant problem. If you take advantage of the warranty and have the vehicle towed to the dealer, how are you going to find time to fool with the tuner?

There isn't even a tuner made for my car so it doesn't affect me right now. This is just something that went through my head.

·
Registered
101 Posts
.... what about if you dont have a automatic? is a tuner ganna squeeze anymore from a cai and catback on a 5.7 6spd?

·
Registered
165 Posts
.... what about if you dont have a automatic? is a tuner ganna squeeze anymore from a cai and catback on a 5.7 6spd?
It did for me ! Made a big difference!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally went ahead and put a Diablosport tune on the car. I purchased the tuner from Sean at hemifever tuning. I had emailed him the backup tune and first tune installed and he sent me back the first custom tune yesterday morning. Put the tune in at lunch and went to try it out. It woke my car up. Now to go CamStang hunting!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts