Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I was hoping to tap into some of the knowledge here as it relates to tuning. I have an 09 R/T 5.7 six speed that I bought brand new. Installed a CAI, slightly bigger throttle body and Borla cat back exhaust and skip shift eliminator. The car feels "okay" in first and second, loves third but I always felt as though the car should have more low end pull. My girlfriend has a 13 R/T 5.7 auto that I swear feels much more aggressive than mine. Do any of you feel as though a tune would help? And if so what would be your recommendation? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts
There was a thread where Jim383 stated appreciable gains can be had with a dyno tune (canned tunes don't seem to bring the car to its full potential). BTW I think the 09 also used a clutch delay valve (little plastic orifice installed inside the tubing to the clutch slave cylinder). If you have not removed it your clutch engagements will feel sluggish. If you are going through the trouble of tuning might as well add long tube headers (if you have a dropped challenger than short tubes might be a better option) to help that 5.7 breathe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts