Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help I just installed kooks long tube headers without cats, and I have flowmaster mufflers and its too loud on the highway a really bad drone. I?ll take any advice, please.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Flowmasters drone, nothing new about that.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Put the cats back on should calm it down some and you wont smell gas all the time plus not having them is illegal.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really need a suggestion on a quieter cat back exhaust that doesn?t have a drone, thank you.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
I really need a suggestion on a quieter cat back exhaust that doesn?t have a drone, thank you.
The Flowmaster Force II has no drone because it has resonators. I had that system on my 2013 R/T. It's a lot quieter than the Flowmasters that don't have resonators.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You need a small set of glass packs behind the tips to muffle the drone. I had a similar problem and that was my fix

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you're looking to replace the catback with one to that has minimal drone look at Corsa, Solo , or Billy Boat.

·
Registered
101 Posts

Solo mach x catback, love mine. Or have read about a few folks putting blanket type insulation under the spare tire in the trunk which quiets it down some. Although this area may not be where your sound intrusion is coming from. No experience with this myself though.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,574 Posts
You need a small set of glass packs behind the tips to muffle the drone. I had a similar problem and that was my fix
Glass packs don't help. I installed BB in place of the resonators on a stock 5.7 and I could not handle the drone.
2015,2016,2017,Challenger, 5.7L,hemi, Axle-back, resonator, glass packs, rolling thunder, exhaust, blastin bob, flowmaster, borla, corsa,www.resonatordelete.com,www.blastinbob.com

Suitcase type mufflers help but systems like corsa and solo employ a J pipe in their resonators.
https://solo-performance.com/images/performance-kits/914/1full.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts