Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Are you talking about the classic side stripes and the SRT hood stripes?

If so, that is what they had on the originals and it looked pretty good.

For me though, it is too much for some reason. There are a few on the board that have both, so maybe they can post up some pics.

If you like it, go for it.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
well you may find some self appointed authorities on what is or isn't "too much"
If you like the look is what matters

·
Banned
664 Posts
Are you talking about the classic side stripes and the SRT hood stripes?

If so, that is what they had on the originals and it looked pretty good.

For me though, it is too much for some reason. There are a few on the board that have both, so maybe they can post up some pics.

If you like it, go for it.
Actually I have never seen an original with side stripes and hood stripes. The originals came with a R/T on the hood. My 71 style stripes came with the hood R/T as well.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Maybe because it's not the 70's anymore? To me these days too many looks over-kill...and it's VERY easy to go over the top with stripes, but 70's was all about over the top everything.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
ive thought about putting the strobe side stripes on my white IE392

i wont do it until i see someone elses though...i think it will be too much

on a 2008-2010 SRT i think they look ok....i dont know about the 2011's though

·
Registered
35 Posts
Everybodies got their own taste for things. I've seen stripe combos which were absolutely horrible, but they loved the way it looked. So to each their own. I personally have a SRT hood and T/A style side stripes I ordered from Ridergraphix. I believe they compliment each other well IMHO.

There are so many combinations out there. Sometimes less is more. I feel it depends on the car color as well as the stripe color and design. Do what makes you happy!!!!

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
XX2 - why do you CARE what some idiot thinks (there is your opening Alan - go for it!! LOL )

Are you looking for me to type "I am an idiot!" ?

I have been doing that way too much lately.

OP asked for opinions, so I guess we should give it to him.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts

this

we all know everyone will mod as they see fit but if someone asks for opinions, game on

·
Banned
3,777 Posts

LOL LOL - no I was expecting you point out that I was also an idiot with an opinion :)

ps - still waiting delivery of the information??????

·
Registered
651 Posts
Maybe because it's not the 70's anymore? To me these days too many looks over-kill...and it's VERY easy to go over the top with stripes, but 70's was all about over the top everything.
Agree,
Like a 440 in a Dart and 427 rat in a Nova,
(genesis of the whole stripe thing was from the cafe racers so they could easily identify on track, etc),
:smoker:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Everybodies got their own taste for things. I've seen stripe combos which were absolutely horrible, but they loved the way it looked. So to each their own. I personally have a SRT hood and T/A style side stripes I ordered from Ridergraphix. I believe they compliment each other well IMHO.
There are so many combinations out there. Sometimes less is more. I feel it depends on the car color as well as the stripe color and design. Do what makes you happy!!!!

Reb that looks great IMO

·
Registered
6 Posts

i actually thought it would look like too much with both.. but after seeing these, i think it looks pretty good. :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I don't know of anybody that didn't like the looks of the Boss 302 stripes for the 70 model. It had the Hood stripe that did a 90 and went over the fender, then another 90 and went rearward down the side. Somehow it complimented the lines of the body. I've often wondered if the center striping and the over-the-fender striping would work together.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts