Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some advice on what I can and cant do to make this 5.7 hemi sound better and have a little more horsepower without voiding the warranty.Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks, Reg

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
kooks long tube headers ,, high flo cats,, MBRP exhaust .... sounds mean got alot faster and sounds meeeaaaannn

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
oh yeah and doesnt void warranty

·
Banned
675 Posts
blastin bobs is the best bang for your buck. $120 resignator delete kit. I was real happy with it.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I'd say you could be on shaky ground as far as headers and your warranty. Depends on what breaks and how your dealer looks at mods. Chances are you'd be OK, but no guarantee.

Exhaust is like oil and wax. Everybody has their favorites. I researched exhaust for almost a year before I made a decision. You just have to listen to sound clips, read reviews, and maybe even get to hear some in person.

I found the Solo Performance exhaust to be perfect for me. It was a great combination of the sound I wanted (with no drone), quality, and cost. And my dealer installed it, so I have no warranty worries.

Take your time and do your research. You'll find what is right for you.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Get the Mopar catback! Sounds great, and made for your car. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just looking for some advice on what I can and cant do to make this 5.7 hemi sound better and have a little more horsepower without voiding the warranty.Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks, Reg
Blastin Bob's Muscle2 Exhaust...

Cat-Back 2 1/2". Mandrel Bends. X-Pipe. 2-Piece Welded Mufflers (flowmaster 40 series type).

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I like the the solo too. But I have an srt. I have heard the rt exhaust on them to and have to say it's the best sounding one I have heard. Not bad price and quality and fit is dead on. Check them out there in the vender section

·
Registered
10 Posts
+1 for magnaflow cat-back. Quiet at idle (for the neighbors and cops) and perfect @ WOT. No drone either :)

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
MBRP all the way!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Here's what I did to my R/T.Use headphones for an accurate listening experience.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Borla = Mopar Performance Parts?

Has anyone every dynoed the car stock, and just a borla cat back (no tune)?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Borla = Mopar Performance Parts?

Has anyone every dynoed the car stock, and just a borla cat back (no tune)?

Yup. The Mopar performance exhaust on the R/T's is a re-badged Borla.

The SRT's get the Corsa Sport. They just ship it with Mopar etched into the tips instead of Corsa. Identical.

I'm not sure if the R/T's have any etching on theirs?

Makes sense. Why try to build a better mouse trap? Let someone how does a great job of it build it for you? Give them a couple of bucks (or order thousands) and get them to put your name on it.

Harley does the samething. For the longest time, the "Screaming Eagle" pipes were actually built by Supertrapp. Still might be?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
London, Ontario = Northern Canada??? LOL :scratchhead: :browsmiley:
Easy killer,...when I spoke those words I was thinking of the people who inhabit the areas of the deep south in the USA and other warmer southern climates.Even though London is in southern Canada it would appear to be extremely north for someone looking at a map who was from say,...Texas,Louisiana or FLA and who never experience winter and all it's glorious snowfall,:icon_rolleyes:

I am aware of the true north of Canada having lived and worked outside 1,000 miles northwest of here in Kenora and also lived in Edmonton,Alberta with the occasional visit to Yellowknife,Northwest Territories,...which make London,Ontario feel like Florida in the winter.

Sorry for any misleading statements in the video,...it was not intended to come across in that manner,LOL.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts