Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after chasing my tail on every perceivable performance route for my car, I ended it by purchasing a 6lb Maggie kit from Arrington.

6lb Magnacharger
Arrington black box tune loader
Install by Arrington w/ Custom Dyno Tune by A.J.
Arrington 392 Carbon Fiber CAI
AEM Digital Boost Gauge
AEM Digital AFR Gauge
Razors Edge Pod

I saw a video of a 2013 R/T 6M that made 455 rwhp @ 6 psi with the stock air box and exhaust. Hopefully I will make aound 470 rwhp with the CAI and Borla ATAK.

Hope to do the install in late May or so.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Sounds good! Keep us posted!

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Congrats. I have the same two AEM gauges mounted in the Razors Edge sunglass holder mount. Finished product looks great!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Ugh...I've come so close to ordering the same thing but just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Can't wait to hear your thoughts after install.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was hard for me to justify the purchase. I used to run a lot at the track, but don't really have those intentions with this car.

I had to battle the thought, "how much power do I really need for the street"? I mean how much can I really use.

It all boiled down to the fact that I really want a unique car. It will make me feel good to know that I can lay down that kind of power if I really want to. I will likely take it to the track a few times year. It will be tough with the 6 speed to run any decent times. The power will be there to run 11's, but I'm not that good of a driver.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Nope

It was hard for me to justify the purchase. I used to run a lot at the track, but don't really have those intentions with this car.

You bought that Magnacharger for a VERY good reason....the exact same reason why you bought the car in the first place. Because:

A. It's cool
B. It's FUN
C. It's [email protected]

I'll eventually get a blower. May not race the car. So what. We all need more power.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Congrats!! I was in the same boat as you a few weeks ago too. Debating hard about whether I should get a blower for the 392 or sell or buy something diff. The I took her out of storage stood back and looked at her. Said screw it and ordered a Edelbrock E-Force. She goes in a week from Monday for the install. I'm hoping to be around 530-540 at the wheels!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That will put you at around 625 h.p. at the motor and the great thing is that it will still be reliable power at 6lbs of boost. Hard to imagine mashing down on 625 h.p.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went full circle on what to do....

I started with wanting a blower, then
Heads/ Cam / Headers, then
Just Headers and tune, then
6.4L 392 engine swap (came real close), THEN
finally bought the Maggie.

The only thing I wish was that the Maggie had a little whine to it.... I love the look of people when they hear the whine.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Well the Edelbrock has no sound either. I rather like the sound of a Whipple that's for sure!! Ya I can't wait to try and keep tires on it with 600 plus hp. I got 2k on my last set of Nitto's!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
So I just made the connection, you also have those Forgestar wheels, right?

Dang, you got all the good stuff. Let me guess, Jenn is total babe too, yes?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hehe.... If I had all the good stuff, I'd have a SRT8. I had to start with a 27K R/T and spend a little just to get in the big leagues.....

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
Even with my Borla ATAK, in the summer with my windows down I can hear the whine of my Maggie inside the car. With the Borla ATAK , people outside the car most likely will not hear it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just my 2 cents - I had Arrington's install a Maggie at 8lbs about 12 months ago. Can't say enough good things about the drivability and pure power (dyno'd at 550 to the wheels). At the track I'm running 11.80 with very little driving skills (1.8 60ft). I'm headed back next month to have them drop in forged pistons and put on a 10lb pulley (along with a half shaft and DS upgrade). My goal is mid 11's. If you have the money to spend it will put a smile on your face every day you drive it and Arrington's can't be beat for the professional install and factory level ECU tuning. Again - just my experience and opinion.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very nice numbers. The tuning is what sold me on Arrington. When Arrington teamed with B&G they received complete control of the PCM. They have the ability to tune the car for boost just as if the car was manufactured that way.

While I'm sure there is a steep learning curve, I've heard A.J. is a very good tuner. I'm still on the fence about the piston upgrade. I really have no intentions to go past 6lbs of boost. I should be around 470 rwhp which is good enough for high 11's with a decent driver. That's fast enough for me.

I leaning toward the fact that Arrington tuning plus only 6lbs of boost may be safe for the stock pistons. Tough decision. For 8lbs + it is a no brainer to do a piston upgrade.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh yeah, I meant to ask.... How does the car handle rolling into the throttle? Do you go full boost? Part throttle boost is still a little unclear with me concerning the Maggie.

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
From what I can tell it feels like it is not a full boost instantly. Mine seems to have a work up to it feeling. I am sure though if you hold WOT, you will get it's maximum boost pretty quickly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts