Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay guys, I am trying to figure out what Tools I would need for the drag strip and want to make sure I am not forgetting anything. A little help but I will let you know what I have so far and what I am planning on and any recommendations would be appreciated. (I have a Jeep Cherokee that my Drag Radials and tools will get to the track in).

Have:
Light weight 2-1/2 Ton Floor Jack
1/2" Drive Breaker Bar
Extension, key for lug nuts and socket
a set of Torque Sticks
Wheel Choc
1/2" Drive Torque wrench
Power inverter (To Charge Laptop)
Lap Top (Incase I want to learn to Data Log)
Tire Pressure gauge
Husky 10 Gallon Air Tank

Want:
Milwaukee M18 1/2" High-Torque Impact Wrench (with Battery and Charger)
2 spare Batteries
Tire pressure equalizers

Also want to know, what brand laptop mount is best for our car? I want something that you do not need to drill to install. Maybe one that the base installs using the bolts for the passenger seat track, with removeable "arms" sot he seat can be used when not in use.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,596 Posts
It sounds like you've got everything covered. If you have room, I'd throw a jackstand or two in for when you jack your ride up.

When I was tuning my old Vette and doing logging, I just laid the laptop on the passenger seat and logged from there.

You could look at the type of laptop mounts that the Police use in their patrol vehicles. Those are pretty nice because they're sturdy and face the user but they aren't cheap.

Here's an example:

Dodge Challenger mount example...........

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds like you've got everything covered. If you have room, I'd throw a jackstand or two in for when you jack your ride up.

When I was tuning my old Vette and doing logging, I just laid the laptop on the passenger seat and logged from there.

You could look at the type of laptop mounts that the Police use in their patrol vehicles. Those are pretty nice because they're sturdy and face the user but they aren't cheap.

Here's an example:

Dodge Challenger mount example...........
oh yes I have jack stands just laying around.... Thanks for the suggestion (I actually missed it).

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
885 Posts
I'd add a portable air compressor...You show a 10 gallon air tank but if you are using it all day to adjust your tires and then at the end of the day need to bring them back to 32psi for trip home, you just might not have enough air...The portable 12v 150 psi one from Harbor Freight works great...Been using for several years

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd add a portable air compressor...You show a 10 gallon air tank but if you are using it all day to adjust your tires and then at the end of the day need to bring them back to 32psi for trip home, you just might not have enough air...The portable 12v 150 psi one from Harbor Freight works great...Been using for several years
That's not a bad idea, the tacks I go to have a big compressor you can use for free. I actually carry inflators in all my cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You forgot about one very important tool. When I made a list of available tools, the chainsaw came first. I can't even imagine how men live without a chainsaw at all. When I first found scroll saw reviews, I realized that in this place I would find exactly what I needed. I often thought about what to buy a good tool of high quality, because the prices for such tools are quite high, which is why I wanted to buy once and use it all my life. I think that's why you don't have a good chainsaw on your list

1 - 7 of 7 Posts