21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Driven half of them.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hana was my favorite of the bunch. Did that in a Jeep!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've driven sections of Rt 66, The Denali highway, the Cherohala Skyway, a good portion of the Blue Ridge Parkway and am planning on driving the Tail of The Dragon this fall.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've driven a few, hope to add a few more, and will probably never drive some others.

I've made trips to Key West on both the original and the current Overseas Highway. The original was pretty narrow. The old Bahia Honda bridge was certainly exciting if you met an 18-Wheeler

I've driven the sections of the Blue Ridge Parkway numerous times and length of the Parkway and Skyline Drive in a '84 Chrysler Laser XE Turbo.

I've driven the Tail of the Dragon in a '96 Chevy Trailblazer, a '99 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, a '05 Pontiac GTO, and again just this past June during the Mopar Meet in the Mountains weekend in my '15 Challenger SRT.

I'll be adding the Cherohala Skyway at the end of July --- though it will be in our '17 Durango R/T.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I drove Lombard street in 1969 when I was stationed in San Diego. I grew up within pitching wedge distance of Route 66 outside Chicago and have driven probably 1,500 miles (or more) of it. I also drove the Blue Ridge Parkway, Tail of the Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway about 5 years ago and well before I got my Challenger. I was driving a Sebring convertible with auto stick and the Tail was a fun drive with it. I'm hoping to make Tail of the Dragon in the Challenger in late August. I have a 15 hour drive where I'm going and will have to see how far out of the way it will take me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have driven all of them, in different cars, except Denali. Hana is absolutely the worst drive ever. Would not recommend it. It's just too curvy, and not enjoyable at all.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I haven't watched it yet, but I will tonight. I can say I have been on some amazing drives, mostly in the Mojave - Nevada/Arizona area. But also Skyline drive, and some others. I would also include Woodward ave from Pontiac to Detroit 1 week a year!
And I did a figure 8 around Lake Superior and Lake Huron (and around Erie) in my SLK350 3 years ago, just for kicks. That was fun.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you really want a nice drive, do Pikes Peak. You actually drive in higher altitude than a small plane can fly!! When I did it there were no guardrails, but I believe they have them now.

·
Registered
583 Posts
If you really want a nice drive, do Pikes Peak. You actually drive in higher altitude than a small plane can fly!! When I did it there were no guardrails, but I believe they have them now.
I REALLY want to do that as well.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts