Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever wonder what car on today's market could become a collectible in the future? Hagerty Insurance has released its "hot list" of this year's vehicles that stand out as likely being a collectible within the next 25 years.

To make a car eligible for the list, it most be produced within the 2014 model year and have an MSRP under $100,000 excluding delivery. All prices listed in our Top 10 however include destination charges.

More: Top 10 Future Collectible Cars on AutoGuide.com

·
Banned
1 Posts
joey atlas

For a car to be collectible in the future, it has to be cool right off the assembly line,” McKeel Hagerty, president and chief executive of Hagerty, said in a statement. “A collectible car has to grab you and not let you go.”

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Who knows.... what will kids of today think is cool that turn into folks that have a lot of money and create a demand to drive up prices...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well he is wrong.....

The reason why Challengers and Cudas are so valuable today is because not a lot of people in comparison to Ford and Chevy ordered them. The most rarest cars like convertible Cudas were so rare, beaus at the time people wanted coups for racing with stiffer frames. The very reason why they are value today is, because at the time when they were made nobody wanted them or almost nobody wanted them. Although if the car looks hot it dictates it would be wanted later on at least to ones that fell in love with it when it was brand new. The rarer the better and what someone will pay dictates what it is worth.I just saw Charger that sold for $270,000, but it was one of one, you also got to wonder what milage was on a car that went for $270,000. i mean it possible the person never drove or has like 1000 original miles being 40 plus year old. I wouldn't do with my Challenger Shaker. Im hoping i put no more then 20,000 miles on one when hits it first year as a classic. I mean know it be worth some real money in at least in 20 year, so for me it investment I can enjoy now, unlike paper money. I'm still going to watch closely, but not just drive 1000 miles for it entire time with me. I wouldn't even begin to know how pull that off.

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
I love that little Fiesta ST. Reminds me more of the MK1 GTI than the new VW or Focus ST ever will. I was planning on getting one as my daily driver until my last V8 car crapped out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts