Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the top three places where you will never park your Challenger? Here are mine:

1. Inner-city street :scared:

2. The mall :pillepalle:

3. Supermarket :SM130:

·
Super Moderator
17,347 Posts
There's two Walmarts nearby where I live:

One is an absolute pit - the customers that go there practically run over people in the parking lot as they speed through.
It seems to be a magnet for the lowest common denominator of humanity. (and I'm being generous with that description) Only gone there a couple of times - never will again.

The other one is a just a few miles away, but a totally different experience, plus a large roomy parking lot. Haven't had any issues with that location.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Anywhere uncovered during a severe thunderstorm!

I'll even pull into a gas station if things get crazy and im not near the safety of my garage!

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
If anyone is from LA and is familiar with the underground parking structure at Hollywood and Highland, that's where I dread. I drive to the very bottom where no one else parks and take a spot between two concrete pillars.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I don't park next to anyone unless its an empty handicapped stall so I can get over on the line and leave plenty of room. Also I hate apartment complexes (sorry if you live in one) because lower income people don't give a crap. My SUV has door dings all over it because of people that just fling their door open and also let their kids do the same. We have a pretty nice new Wal Mart so that's not an issue. I hate parking anywhere like the mall or large parking structure because if someone wanted to do anything to my car they have ample time to do it and get away. Parking garages are almost always park at your own risk.

·
Banned
675 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
I park in the handicap parking, best spot there is. Especially the larger van ones. Oh, buy the way I do have a handicap sticker and yes I am.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I chose to self inflict bodily injury upon myself... (break my leg in three places) to qualify for a handicap parking sticker just to keep my baby safe... It was worth every bit of pain and recovery! :liar:

·
Registered
353 Posts
I would never park on the street (I don't care if it's Beverly Hills)

Walmart (Unless I'm all the way in the back. I'm talking at least 75-100 spaces away and if it's level or uphill. It would be a waste parking that far down hill only to have a cart pummel your fenders or doors.

I would never go to a concert or amusement park in my Challenger. You don't get a choice in deciding where you want to park most of the time and it's always crowded. Kids are the biggest enemy at amusement parks. They could care less about a door hitting your car especially when they're excited and in a hurry.

I exercise extreme caution wherever I go. Parking has became a science for me. I weigh the potential for damage in parking lots and try to mitigate that potential as best as I can.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
4. Next to a Mustang or Camaro (too much tension between the brands)
Really? That's not been my experience. Fellow muscle car owners tend to be as careful with their cars as I am with mine.

If I have to park close to anyone I try to pick a car that appears to be well-maintained, and I haven't had any problems with this strategy (including my daily-driver, which is now 8 years old and not a single door ding).

·
Registered
353 Posts
Really? That's not been my experience. Fellow muscle car owners tend to be as careful with their cars as I am with mine.

If I have to park close to anyone I try to pick a car that appears to be well-maintained, and I haven't had any problems with this strategy (including my daily-driver, which is now 8 years old and not a single door ding).

I do the same. Strategy works and I know that others use it as well...prime example is I came out to my car after having dinner one evening and a 150 thousand dollar Porsche was parked next to me.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
1. Any place a car can park next to you.
2. Any place a car can park in front of you.
3. Any place a car can park behind you.
So you leave the house, drive around showing off you car and then return home never getting out anywhere?

·
Super Moderator
15,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought of three more bad places to park:

1. Under a tree (birds & sap)

2. Any commercial outdoor parking lot in the city.

3. Anywhere outside during a hail storm

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen, I present Penguin's Top 10 Places NOT to park your Dodge Challenger.

10. On the main sidewalk from 07/06-07/14 in Pamplona, Spain.

9. On an airport runway.

8. In the Mariana Trench.

7. In the African safari after I just stopped at 5 Guys Burgers.

6. On Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras.

5. Any street in Beirut.

4. At a club where Lindsey Lohan is known to frequent and drive to.

3. In front of the White House with the car running and no one in it.

2. Anywhere that the hosts of Mythbusters are known to be creating a test.

And the number 1 place where I will NOT park my car is:

1. Anywhere a group of homeless guys can have a 'soup kitchen'.
:pimp:

·
Registered
265 Posts
My # 1 Rule for parking:

No Parking anywhere there is people :browsmiley:

Ill park out in the boonies in 4 spaces !!!

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
If you park next to one, chances are that he will leave before you and while he may be careful not to door ding you (for fear of hurting his own car), he or his girlfriend might very well key your car.

That's not to say that all of them are bad, but the fact remains that more of them hate us rather than like us. They don't call it a muscle car "war" for nothing.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.