Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just looking for an episode on Top Gear BBC , where they raced a Vette , Caddy CTS-V and SRT8 Challenger. The top speeds they could crank out with stock equipped vehicles was Vette = 176 mph CTS-V = 163 mph and the Challenger made only 150 mph, with the front grill completely taped over. Don't know what year Challenger it was.

·
Registered
545 Posts
It was an 08 Challenger SRT8 - auto
Season 12 , Episode 2

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,057 Posts
I have seen that episode several times, it's one of my favorites. And yes as mentioned above it's a 2008 SRT Challenger.

·
Registered
346 Posts
RT's and SRT's have some kind of crappy governing device that will not let the car go over a certain speed. I guess you can flash your ECU and bypass it?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Aren't they speed limited from the factory around 150ish? I had my R/T to 165-175 (estimated as the needle was buried) Would think an SRT would be able to go above that if the limiter was removed.
RT's and SRT's have some kind of crappy governing device that will not let the car go over a certain speed. I guess you can flash your ECU and bypass it?
SRT products are governed by the laws of physics - no limiters/goveners. R/T's are limited to around 145 - 155 depending on what package you have on your R/T.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts