Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone topped out the sxt challenger? Not sxt plus just the regular SXT. I have the SS group package and wondered what the top out is. Of course I live no where near a track so I can't just haul a** down the road.. haha.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
From the factory, there is usually a speed limiter setup based on the speed-rating of the tires it comes with from the factory. At least that has been my experience with most cars - not 100% sure about the Challenger specifically (haven't tried to test the limit yet).

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
If it came with V-rated tires from the factory, then I would suspect that it would be computer-limited to 149mph. Did it come with those tires from the factory or did you isntall them later? The speed limiter is based on what tires it came with from the factory.

·
Registered
15,864 Posts
Haven't seen anybody post a top speed lately. Without the speed being governed, the car will easily run over 140 mph but don't know what they limited to on the newer SXT. The Charger Police Pursuit with 3.6L seems to be limited to 141 mph as that is the speed reported on the Michigan state police tests.

All Challengers have at least V rated tires and the SXT with Super Track Pack have Y rated (186) but don't think they change the speed limiter based for individual cars based on that option, still think it's set in the 140 range.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm gonna have to try this out then. I need to find a clean road somewhere. And have my fiance sit at the end of it and watch for cops.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts
Sounds safe...

A Guy

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Definitely not. I'm gonna talk with a few officers and see what I can do

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yeah solid plan, wouldn't wanna get caught committing a crime :icon_rolleyes:

(you need to find a track!)

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
I've seen a video where 140 is about the max you can get out of a 3.6 engine.

I would never try to test this, unless I were at a drag strip where the deer and anyone/anything else can't run out in front of you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts