Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've had my 2013 Challenger RT for about a year now, & finally have to ask for help. I know that there is a way to see the top speed recorded, but for the life of me I can not figure it out. Yes I have looked in tips & tricks, but what is there does not work.

Tip:25
Top Speed Display on the R/T

Depending on EVIC version note the following;

If you are viewing the "extended" EVIC display and you push the trip odometer stick pin button once, the EVIC will display your top speed recorded since you started the car.

Also, Gaining access to stored TOP SPEED in EVIC. While in "digital speedometer" mode:

DISPLAY TOP SPEED
Press/Hold function select button ">" to toggle between current speed and top speed achieved.

RESET TOP SPEED
Quickly press and release the function select button when Top Speed is displayed.

Note, the top speed will not change unless you have it displayed (Speedometer Mode).

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
421 Posts
when you are on the screen that shows you the temp hold the up arrow for 10 seconds. After the ten seconds immediately press the down button for six seconds. I just hold the down button until the hidden screen pops up. It may take a few times to do. When you are in, press one of the up or down buttons until you are on the screen that is the 0-60 counter. Then I believe you just have to push the arrow that points to the right. It should just pop up. Then push the switch screen button (the one that looks like a sheet of paper) and go to the digital speedo and it should be there. Hope this makes sense to you

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks................
I've had it up to 136, (long straight back road for 20 miles) but would like to prove to a couple of horse owners:thumbsup:

when you are on the screen that shows you the temp hold the up arrow for 10 seconds. After the ten seconds immediately press the down button for six seconds. I just hold the down button until the hidden screen pops up. It may take a few times to do. When you are in, press one of the up or down buttons until you are on the screen that is the 0-60 counter. Then I believe you just have to push the arrow that points to the right. It should just pop up. Then push the switch screen button (the one that looks like a sheet of paper) and go to the digital speedo and it should be there. Hope this makes sense to you

·
Registered
535 Posts
Mine doesn't work. I can display the top speed screen, but it never changes from 0. I'm thinking the tuner did something to stop it from working.

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you have a Nav system it keeps track of your top speed. Bring up the map, tap on the lower right where it shows your speed you are driving and it will open up another screen that will have some information including your top speed (Maximum Speed) as recorded by the Nav. It will look like this.

topspeed.jpg

·
Registered
605 Posts
If you have a Nav system it keeps track of your top speed. Bring up the map, tap on the lower right where it shows your speed you are driving and it will open up another screen that will have some information including your top speed (Maximum Speed) as recorded by the Nav. It will look like this.

View attachment 205482
I find there's a discrepancy between what the nav and the evic reports, tho. A coupla months ago I wanted to break 100, and the evic reported it as a little over 100, but nav reported it as 110. Wonder which is accurate?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
111 Posts
My Nav and my EVIC report the exact same numbers. Even when driving the Nav and the Speedo will show identical numbers. I questioned that myself at first.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Help Please,

Is this possible on a 2012 R/T?
I can get into extended evic, but when i get to the 0-60 timer part and exit to the digital spedo. NOTHING....Its looks just like it did before i went into the extended evic menu.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mine doesn't work. I can display the top speed screen, but it never changes from 0. I'm thinking the tuner did something to stop it from working.

Me too. I'm actually really sad about this. When I view my speedometer through the evic it says top speed right over it, but always reads 0. My thought is that maybe trinity did something here. The only way to really tell would be to take the tuner off, but I'm not sure I want to go that route yet. I'm hoping I can find someone who knows how to make it work first.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Me too. I'm actually really sad about this. When I view my speedometer through the evic it says top speed right over it, but always reads 0. My thought is that maybe trinity did something here. The only way to really tell would be to take the tuner off, but I'm not sure I want to go that route yet. I'm hoping I can find someone who knows how to make it work first.
I don't have a tuner on mine and mine does the same. It stays at zero. I wish I knew how to take it off because I hate looking at "top speed 0.0"

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I think in the hidden evic when u go to that page if u hold the side arrow for a few seconds it turns it off. At least on mine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts