Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Super charged guys, are you using Torco fuel accelerator? I am going to have a Kenne Bell 2.8 LC on my SRT with 8lbs here this summer via HHP. I will be running Adams tune from Spanktime. My car is not a daily driver. I don't mind spending the cash for piece of mind against detonation. In the midwest 93 oct is very sparse, 91 is everywhere. However, I don't want to waste my money if it's truly not needed. Any advice for me on this topic would be apriciated.
Thanks in advance,
kS

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
I wouldn't. Have Adam to tune it for 91 and call it a day. Torco will foul the plugs more quickly.

If you wanna go all out, have Adam do you a race tune on MS109 for the track and swap back and forth depending on what you're doing.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Super charged guys, are you using Torco fuel accelerator? I am going to have a Kenne Bell 2.8 LC on my SRT with 8lbs here this summer via HHP. I will be running Adams tune from Spanktime. My car is not a daily driver. I don't mind spending the cash for piece of mind against detonation. In the midwest 93 oct is very sparse, 91 is everywhere. However, I don't want to waste my money if it's truly not needed. Any advice for me on this topic would be apriciated.
Thanks in advance,
kS
You can use the Diablo predator to monitor KNK spark knock.Make several hard runs at full boost.If you have no spark knock or less than 2 degrees pulled,you can do without the Torco.I used torco a few times at the track. It works but leaves a rust colored residue on the plugs and piston.I just installed a Water Meth kit and no longer need the fuel additive.I have 0 spark knock last time at the track.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for the feedback.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Adam loves the stuff and can make some NICE RWH with it but I would have him tune it for 93. Your gonna have over 500rwh with him tuning on 93, if you decide you want more ask him for a 9lbs. Adam tuned my car for 91 with 10lbs and I loved it:thumbsup: Congrats!!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thanks in advance,
kS
Is E85 an option in your area?

it will outperform pump+torco or pump+meth any day, and can usually keep up with race gas, for a lot less $$$.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not to much E85 here. Thank you all for the information. I really appreciate all the good folks on here.
KS

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
No torco here...but I know kb is a big fan of it

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I have always ran Torco race fuel since 2002. This Vette just ran 198 mph on Torco Yes, plain old 91-octane pump gas with a little addition: Torco Race Fuel Concentrate. This guy truly stands behind the product, using it extensively.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
I plan on using it. Plugs well I have not seen anything leading me to believe it fouls them and if so they are cheap anyway. You will make safe BIG power.

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Torco works. Get somewhere no good fuel, dump it in.
Get a MSDS sheet and look see whats in products your using. MSDS are free. And there law. Be carefull of the Snake Oil products.
FT

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I had the same concerns, did lots of research on the subject including conversations with KB, Conclusion was no Torco!
Adam, did my tune and he said flat out, it's a waste of money for my application as a weekend cruiser and occasionally going to the track. He said use Shell 91 gas and enjoy it.

·
Registered
12' SRT Challenger
20 Posts
i am already running that set up you are looking at on my 2010 auto, kb tune is a bit on the conservative side, but it does make alot of power off idle, power is instant i love it, you do not need torco, if you have adam tune it make sure you let him know that you do not want to be tied to the bottle, he can probably set you up with something, are you going to run long tube headers? i was only getting 456 rwhp on pump 92 oct, when i put my long tube AMRH catless exhaust i went to 477 rwhp, so if you are looking for that magic 500rwhp adam should be able to find that little bit extra, but that will require another tune, i would run kb tune with LT headers then have adam retune,

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you all for the info. I will contact Adam tomorrow and discuss the tune. I think I would like to do what a few of you mentioned and have a reg driving tune and then have something more aggressive for the track.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I say add Torrco for fun and no need to retune it. Just adding it to the tune Adam did for me resulted in a gain for 50+HP. I would not worry about fouling the plugs at all.

I am curious about the E85?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts