Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Torn: 2010 Hemi Orange or 2011 Redline

9K views 53 replies 21 participants last post by  StealthChallenger 
It's a 6 speed with electronics package, STP, and HIDs (no sunroof, no Nav, standard stereo). It would not ave remote start anyway since it is a stick.
Doh! Good point. I need to part better attention. It sounds like a no brainer. What makes you hesitate on the Hemi Orange? Is there something missing on it, is it the color?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using AutoGuide App

Well, the steerig ratio being updated, the new steering wheel, the new gauges, th enew seat materials, and easy access driver's seat are all pluses. With the STP, the 2010 is almost just as good as the 2011 in the handling department, different story without it. Horsepower is the same. They have not changed it enough in my opinion to make it completely worth buying over a 2010, especially with the dealing going on with leftover 2010s. Now if Hemi Orange was available on a 2011, I might do it. I just think 29K for a new 2010 R/T Classic optioned the way I want and in my favorite color is a good deal.
I didn't realize that the steering was different. I just remarked the other day how much I love the tight turning circle on my car.

Anyway, from your response it sounds like your decision is made. When are you picking it up? :D

HO is an endearing color, you will love it for years to come. A year and a half later I still get a big **** eating grin whenever I look toward my driveway! :) And personally I'm in the 'don't like the new steering wheel' camp, looks like a minivan wheel.

Glad to see you decided on the R/T. ;)
Minivan? MINIVAN!

Them's fightin' words.

:)

Well got an offer for 10K for my Mustang, which I am going to take. If all works out, I'll pick it up Saturday. They are, however, not coming down on the price of the 2010. I still think $29,9xx is great deal for a car that was $38,500 MSRP. 29K even would be even better, but at this point, I found the car and color I want, and it is the only one optioned the way I want within 200 miles of me. The best quotes I have gotten have been between 7-8K off sticker for similar cars, so this one at $8,500 is the best I've seen so far. They said they'll remove the white side stripes for me too. I'll pay a lttle extra for the convenience of not having to ship a car of fly out to get it. Plus, I saved a little not having to list my Mustang by selling it to a friend. Anyone ever take off their Classic's side stripes, any issues? I plan to put black ones on in the near future.
Woot! Can't wait to see pics.

You don't like the white stripes? I've never seen them in person, but I would think it would look great on HO. Regardless, AWESOME CAR!

Hope it all goes smoothly.

Everyone gets what they get for there own reasons. I got a 2011 because....
I like toxic orange
I like climate control
I got it below invoice, so it wasn't much more.
All the 2010s within 100 miles were poorly equipped
I like some of the subtle changes like no hood badge, hood struts from the factory
New intake
Etc....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.