Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Torn: 2010 Hemi Orange or 2011 Redline

9K views 53 replies 21 participants last post by  StealthChallenger 
#1 ·
Well, I have now definitely narrowed it down to two possibilities after once again going to look at 2011 colors on the lot. Toxic Orange is definitely out. As you know, my favorite color on these cars is Hemi Orange, but I do like the new Redline Tricoat. Here are the details.

2011 Redline Tricoat R/T Classic 6 speed with STP (would have to order)

OR

2010 Hemi Orange R/T Classic 6 speed with STP, electronics convenience group, HIDs (available now)

The orange one is about 90 min from my house and is optioned exactly the same as the 2011 I'm looking into ordering since all that stuff is now standard. Having driven a 2010 with/without STP, I would imagine the 2011 would be very similar to a 2010 with STP. I could get the 2011 for just over 32K with current incentives. The 2010, I would imagine a bit less and possibly with 0%/60 months financing.

Would would you do?

#5 ·
this is an easy one!

not many changes for the 2011 RT, so if you can get $7k off i wouldnt think twice....HO is a great color and will stand out....i saw (2) regular red challengers yesterday....very plain...they blended into the crowd.....then i saw (2) chargers....b5 blue and that brown-orange RT...i could spot both from a block away....these cars need the special colors.

good luck!

#6 ·

Need I say more...........:bigthumb:

#8 ·
Okay, the 2011 Redline is $32,280 ordered, and the 2010 orange one is $29,962 or $8,500 off sticker (without me counteroffering yet). If I ordered Toxic Orange, the price would drop even more, so the real difference between them is about $2,000$3,000 depending how much lower I can get them to go. I was going to offer 29K even for it, which I think is fair. That would be about $9,500 off sticker. Thoughts?

#10 ·
HO certainly is an awesome color. IMHO, it comes down to whether the differences in the 2011 are important enough for you to wait and if you are willing to go through the very long process of waiting (read the threads) to get the car exactly the way you want it.

#11 ·
I was considering a TorRed 2010 when I bought mine. Unfortunately for that car, there was a Hemi Orange Classic right next to it on the lot. I like the TorRed, and the Redline, but HO is awesome.....

#13 ·
Well, the steerig ratio being updated, the new steering wheel, the new gauges, th enew seat materials, and easy access driver's seat are all pluses. With the STP, the 2010 is almost just as good as the 2011 in the handling department, different story without it. Horsepower is the same. They have not changed it enough in my opinion to make it completely worth buying over a 2010, especially with the dealing going on with leftover 2010s. Now if Hemi Orange was available on a 2011, I might do it. I just think 29K for a new 2010 R/T Classic optioned the way I want and in my favorite color is a good deal.

#18 ·
Well, the steerig ratio being updated, the new steering wheel, the new gauges, th enew seat materials, and easy access driver's seat are all pluses. With the STP, the 2010 is almost just as good as the 2011 in the handling department, different story without it. Horsepower is the same. They have not changed it enough in my opinion to make it completely worth buying over a 2010, especially with the dealing going on with leftover 2010s. Now if Hemi Orange was available on a 2011, I might do it. I just think 29K for a new 2010 R/T Classic optioned the way I want and in my favorite color is a good deal.
Hmmm..... I test drove a black 2011 R/T the other day. Didn't realize the steering ratio had changed??? I did like the look of the new gauges. DID NOT like the new three spoke steering wheel. I agree.... not alot of differences. Ya check around for one with similar options (whether its in the color you want or not) and print out the best deal you can. Bring it with you and use it to get the best deal you can for the HO that you want.

#15 ·
You have to live with the color a long time. If you are not 100% happy with Redline, go for the 2010 and offer $29K.

If that fails, check Vehix.com for other HO 2010s. Be prepared to buy out-of-state for the best deal.

I have HO and it is an awesome color!

#16 ·
HO is an endearing color, you will love it for years to come. A year and a half later I still get a big **** eating grin whenever I look toward my driveway! :) And personally I'm in the 'don't like the new steering wheel' camp, looks like a minivan wheel.

Glad to see you decided on the R/T. ;)

#19 · (Edited)
Well got an offer for 10K for my Mustang, which I am going to take. If all works out, I'll pick it up Saturday. They are, however, not coming down on the price of the 2010. I still think $29,9xx is great deal for a car that was $38,500 MSRP. 29K even would be even better, but at this point, I found the car and color I want, and it is the only one optioned the way I want within 200 miles of me. The best quotes I have gotten have been between 7-8K off sticker for similar cars, so this one at $8,500 is the best I've seen so far. They said they'll remove the white side stripes for me too. I'll pay a lttle extra for the convenience of not having to ship a car of fly out to get it. Plus, I saved a little not having to list my Mustang by selling it to a friend. Anyone ever take off their Classic's side stripes, any issues? I plan to put black ones on in the near future.

#21 ·
how come the 2011 is $2k more than the 2010?(when your getting $8500 off)....is the 2011 $6500 off?

if i were buying it i wouldnt hesitate to go HO on an RT....if you were talking SRT then id say no, but RT=YES! all day long
The 2010s are more expensive than the 2011 because a lot of what was optional on the 2010 is now standard on the 2011. The sticker on the 2010 Hemi Orange one is 38.5, whereas a similarly equipped 2011 Toxic Orange one is 34.5.

#24 ·
Well, they will remove the side stripes free of charge, but I don't think they will put black ones on for me since they don't carry them in stock, and I am not going to drive 90 minutes both ways to have them do it when I have a guy I know who would put them on for a case of beer.

#25 ·
I got an 08 HO with 14000 miles for 32k
I see your looking at 6speeds so going fast in the qtr must not be your goal, that being said I would go with the 2011
If you want to go fast in the qtr then buy my brothers 08 #5440

#29 ·
Originally Posted by plissken99
HO is an endearing color, you will love it for years to come. A year and a half later I still get a big **** eating grin whenever I look toward my driveway! And personally I'm in the 'don't like the new steering wheel' camp, looks like a minivan wheel.

Glad to see you decided on the R/T.
Minivan? MINIVAN!

Them's fightin' words.

Ever see the steering wheel in a minivan? I have a 2009 T&C and you can see the same steering wheel (minus the Chrysler logo) in your 09/10 challenger. They changed it so its not the same as the mini van.

#32 · (Edited)
I am glad you made the decision to go with the color that really is you. Given the choice I would take HO, but that is me. I would keep the white side stripes if I were you also. A lot of guys think they would not like stipes they come with but they change their mind after a bit. IMO white stripes are awesome looking on HO - but again that is me.

#34 ·
Well, I am going to leave the white stripes on for now since I don't have black ones to put on yet. If they grow on me, I may end up leaving them. My wife has come around to them and thinks the car is more rare with white stripes. Of course, 12 hours earlier, she said it was fugly with white stripes. Women... At least, she caved and let me get the 6 speed!

I found some OEM Mopar black stripes on ebay for $231.99, but I am going to wait to see the white stripes in person before making any FINAL decisions. This entire process has been exhausting enough without getting worked up over something as trivial as stripes.

2010 Dodge Challenger Black R/T Bodyside Stripe Kit OEM - eBay (item 150576962790 end time Apr-13-11 04:41:05 PDT)

#36 ·
Well, I have the checks here, and the Mustang has been sold. I am ready, but are they? Ah, how I love dealers. Where do I begin? The nice lady I have been dealing with was off today. I arranged financing through Chase bank and not the dealer. Chase needed the bill of sale faxed to them. Their finance guy refused to fax them the bill of sale and told my loan officer he doesn't understand why I am not doing indirect financing through him. Chase said they have never had someone pull something like this from a dealer. I called the dealer and the manager ended up faxing everything himself. Then I look at the bill of sale and notice the price of the car is up by about $700.00 more than what I agreed upon. The price did not include destination, which I knew. I asked the manager about it. He tells me the destination charge is $1,200.00! I told him there was no way it was that much since I have the window sticker and it states $750.00. He backpedals and says he would have to check on it for me and get back to me. He never does. Then I see a 209.00 "optional equipment" column on the bill as well. I ask him about that, and he goes into this long rant about how all their cars have this. He says they have a serial number in the cars windows for theft purposes or something that made no sense. I told him that was never agreed upon and they never told me about that. He says, "Well, we told you everything else, and it would just be easier if you were here." I told him I lived 90 min from there and would not waste my time if this is how I was going to be treated. I am calling the manager I have been dealing with giving her an earful in the morning, which will be awesome after coming off a midnight shift tonight. I'll be extra fired up. I refuse to pay for $200 worth of crap I didn't want or ask for. Also, they are going to fix their inflated destination charge, or they can shove it. Antioch Chrysler Dodge Jeep Antioch, IL.

#37 ·
Keep strong arming them, dealers are always more desperate than they let on. When I bought mine it was the last HO Challenger for 09, and it still appeared they were going to cancel HO for the 2010 model year. The sticker on mine was just under 32k, but when we sat down to deal they wanted 40k, market value they said. I laughed in the guys face and told him I wasn't married to HO, but either way they would not get my buisness if I bought another color because of this BS. They asked me what my price was, and I told em not a penny over sticker.

Then they said they had a lady out of town offering 35k for it, but I could have it if I matched that today. So I said more power to ya with whatserface, and walked out. They called me two days later and asked me to come in. Suddenly they were giving the car to me at sticker!

If I had caved and paid 35 or 40k, then the next month it turned out that HO was still being offered, I would have burnt that dealer down lol.

#38 ·
Well, on their website the car is listed as $38,450 MSRP less a discount/incentive of $8,528 with a final price of $29,962. They also have the catchall "Prices do not include tax, title, license, and destination." The MSRP already includes a $750.00 destination fee from Dodge right on the window sticker. Does that mean these idiots are trying to charge a destination fee of their own? That's what it looks like, and it appears it is $1,200 on my bill of sale form. Depending on their reaction to me pointing this out, I may or may not have a car afterall because I refuse to pay two destination fees. Oh, and they are going to take off that $200.00 dollar charge on the anti theft etching crap they did without telling me. Stick it to the man!

#39 ·
Okay, the descrepancy has been taken care of with the destination charge along with the anti theft option charge. I am going to pick her up this afternoon. I mentioned to the wife about keeping my Grand Prix for winter time. She said we are selling it to buy winter wheels and tires for the Challenger. I can't win all the battles it seems! At least, she let me get a stick shift, which baffles me. I wonder if she has a hidden agenda... :) I'll post some pictures in the next few days if I can figure out how. Thanks for everyone's valuable input and patience with my ramblings on this subject.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.