Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack Challenger
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone!

I want everyone to know I'm going with their 392 kit on 6psi. I'll be starting this process very soon.

I will be well documenting this whole process. I will be doing all the piping myself, intercooler fitting and doing so then old fashion hot rod way. In hope to show we dont have to dump 10k to make this work.

We all know the limits of the 392 - but we need real world testing of this kit.

The information floating around that these are old copies of other blowers isn't true, and I couldn't be happier with the customer service these guys provide. Super friendly people and honest people about what they offer, and what to expect from their Superchargers

I look forward to sharing this journey.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sounds interesting. Looking forward to the build!

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Good evening everyone!

I want everyone to know I'm going with their 392 kit on 6psi. I'll be starting this process very soon.

I will be well documenting this whole process. I will be doing all the piping myself, intercooler fitting and doing so then old fashion hot rod way. In hope to show we dont have to dump 10k to make this work.

The information floating around that these are old copies of other blowers isn't true, and I couldn't be happier with the customer service these guys provide. Super friendly people and honest people about what they offer, and what to expect from their Superchargers

Following

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Following
Should have the blower soon! I'll post pictures as time goes on!

Going for 6psi and mid 500 wheel horsepower. Torqstorm has a had their Charger go 11.3's on street tires at 5lbs according to them. Should be a good way to make decent power.

Now if only a tuner would chime in about the tuning side :whistle:

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,565 Posts
Good evening everyone!

I'm subscribing to follow along with your journey. Thanks for sharing because it should be interesting.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm subscribing to follow along with your journey. Thanks for sharing because it should be interesting.
I think so - I'm not ragging on any manufacturer or vendor I just dont see the justification on pricing with aftermarket for dodge. So this will be gold if it works as well as it should

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's all in the tuning for the 392 I got a 2012 6 speed did a roots style blower at it's best with other mods like fuel pump bbk 90 mil Tb and a few others that did not come with the sc kit I made 590 whp 548 rwt that's on a dyno jet dyno that is not biased. I know more than a few popped ring lands from boosting so when I decided to forge the motor wasn't sure what I was going to find but motor was mint !! Bitter sweet I would say almost wanted to return internals didnt though. Motor good for 1000 horse now iam not running that much but it has the potential. You might have done this already but really research the blower centrifical blowers only make boost at high rpm levels. A guy at my local dyno shop did a pro charger on his car made 740 whp I at 676 we ran em a few times he had a hard time keeping up with me on roll racing.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Btw right on doin the install yourself I never have shops wrench on my car only for tunes i feel that its rewarding when you do your own install. I got to say though was a bit nerve racking on the first start up after we built my motor but was a successful build when all said and done.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Btw right on doin the install yourself I never have shops wrench on my car only for tunes i feel that its rewarding when you do your own install. I got to say though was a bit nerve racking on the first start up after we built my motor but was a successful build when all said and done.
Yes sir its gratifying. I always had fun with my past toys yanking engines out, doing fuel systems, and just hanging out. I'm doing this as detailed as possible, so that others will know what to buy/what not to buy.

Goal is to make a complete guide so people can save a few dollars and have a decent blower for their cars.

I scored a Challenger intercooler from Procharger for a great price, and a box full of intercooler tubing so im going to start mocking that up perhaps this weekend. Waiting on injectors, pump and blower to come in but after that I'm pretty much done. If everything goes well I'll be in under 4500 dollars for the kit, and all that's left is a custom tune.

Perhaps I upset some vendors as no one is commenting on tuning advice - oh well people hate when you go against the grain.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just go get a custom dyno done at a good shop. I just and maybe it's me not rely on a download tune mapping sending it back then again then again plenty of threads where peeps had that happen and the frustration that goes with it

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,565 Posts
It's all in the tuning for the 392 I got a 2012 6 speed did a roots style blower at it's best with other mods like fuel pump bbk 90 mil Tb and a few others that did not come with the sc kit I made 590 whp 548 rwt that's on a dyno jet dyno that is not biased. I know more than a few popped ring lands from boosting so when I decided to forge the motor wasn't sure what I was going to find but motor was mint !! Bitter sweet I would say almost wanted to return internals didnt though. Motor good for 1000 horse now iam not running that much but it has the potential. You might have done this already but really research the blower centrifical blowers only make boost at high rpm levels. A guy at my local dyno shop did a pro charger on his car made 740 whp I at 676 we ran em a few times he had a hard time keeping up with me on roll racing.
I agree with you about tuning.

While I'm not trying to start an argument here, but a properly set up Centrifugal blower can put out some good low end power. The way to do it is to run a smaller pulley (more boost) and then tune it with a restrictor plate. This will let the pressure build up quicker and yet not allow the boost to make enough to hurt things. The GM camp has been doing this for many years and it works. That's on a boost friendly LSx motor though and not a Hemi that doesn't like boost. Basically, it's letting the blower work in it's efficiency range quicker.

I know that it sounds Crazy, but it works!

Please don't take offense, but if the Guy at your local dyno was honestly making 150 more whp and almost similar torque over you, either he couldn't drive or that was one Very Happy dyno that he used because with that much power, the results should've been different, especially if with a Procharger that should've been making boost already.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,565 Posts
I made 590 whp 548 rwt that's on a dyno jet dyno that is not biased. A guy at my local dyno shop did a pro charger on his car made 740 whp I at 676 we ran em a few times he had a hard time keeping up with me on roll racing.
Sorry! I just subtracted your 590 from his 740 and I got a bit more than 75 whp and almost the same torque, but I'm old and maybe you calculated with that newer style math that I'm not good at! :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
No worries ,Now if we were at the track would have been a different story he would have won most likely any way not saying the centrifical sc is bad they good they make more power !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
from my experience, it produces boost but it is A PITA to tune. additionally you will want to make sure your transmission can handle the change in torque or you will end up like me with at least $1500 bill of repairs.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,748 Posts
The torqstorm is a centrifugal supercharger which give more linear delivery of boost, whereas the PDs like magunuson, whipple, KB deliver boost almost instantly. Between the two types, centrifugal are easier to tune and don't experience the light switch effect in boost like the PDs. Plus the centrifugals control boost way better than the PDs as you can blow off excess boost...not so easy to do on PDs.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts