Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AGO I PURCHASED INAGURAL EDITION #491 WHITE WITH BLUE STRIPES OFF THE SHOW ROOM FLOOR, PREFECT IN EVERY ASPECT UNTIL TODAY...
I HAVE THE SIX SPEED.
YESTERDAY I WAS ON THE FREEWAY DOING 50, DROPPED IT DOWN INTO THIRD AND IT TOOK OFF LIKE A BULLET AS IT SHOULD, AWESOME RIGHT, NO PROBLEM IT IS A MONSTER WITH A HELL OF ALOT OF POWER.

TODAY I WAS AT A CONVIENIENCE STORE AND NOTICED A VERY SMALL DENT JUST BELOW THE LINE IN THE PASSENGER REAR Q/P, SO I CALLED THE DENT DOCTOR TO PULL IT OUT, IT WAS MINOR.
I TOOK IT TO THE DODGE DEALERSHIP HER IN CHARLESTON INTO THE SERVICE BAY AND THE SERVICE GUY NOTICED ANOTHER MORE SEVERE WRINKLE IN THE DRIVERS REAR Q/P; THIS ONE ACTUALLY STARTED BELOW THE FENDER FLARE PROFILE AND GOES UP ABOVE IT ABOUT SIX INCHES AND FADES, AFT OF IT JUST BEHIND THE FUEL DOOR IS ANOTHER AND THE SHEET METAL BETWEEN THE TWO IS WAVY.
OH THERE IS MORE, AFTER LOOKING OVER THE ENTIRE CAR ALL FOUR FENDERS ABOVE THE WHEEL WELLS HAVE WRINKLES IN THEM ALL IN THE WEAKEST AREA OF THE FENDERS.

i KNOW YOUR THINKING, WELL SOMEBODY DID THIS TO YOUR CAR, NO WAY I WASHED AND WAXED MY CAR THE DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY AND IT WAS PERFECT, SHOW ROOM QUALITY.

TO ALL OF YOU 392 OWNERS PLESASE LOOK OUT FOR THIS AND HAS ANYONE AT ALL COME ACROSS THIS HAPPENING TO THEM, I'D LIKE TO TALK WITH YOU.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Post pics please.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
That just doesnt seem posible unless your jumping your car like the General Lee???Can you take pics of it?Unless you are doing hard launches with slicks(Maybe you would get flex in the unibody).I cant seem it hapenning on the highway when you downshift?What did the dealer say?Did they put it on the lift???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am in charleston ,sc.
The dealer, of which i di not buy from did not put it on the lift as of yet, the service manager is in contact with the dodge rep and he is suppose to contact me. I traded in an 09 r/t with a six speed and it was in perfect condition, i baby my cars, no way i'm going to try and jump it.
I'm telling you yesterday it was straight.
I have a pic of it in just prior to getting on the freeway of the right rear and thee fender is straight. I'll try and get some good quality pics, but the front two are so slight i didn't see them until it was in the service lane.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The reason i'm posting this is to let all 392 owners know this happened, all four at the same time, and to get feed back in case it happens again to someone else... It is documented.
I know dodge is going to run as far away from this as possible, so please keep an eye on your fenders.

·
Registered
353 Posts
So that's three of us within a couple hundred mile radius with IE's. I'm in Savannah but purchased mine in Beaufort SC and there is one in Hilton Head as well.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
I find this hard to believe,we have challengers at the strip beating the snot out of them and no issues, there are no body changes in the 2011 that could account for what you are posting.
Tout

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Wheres the Beef, No pictures, April fools day is passed, Hmmmmm

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,796 Posts
Maybe my next car will be Green With Wrinkles? This car has power but I can't imagine that happening. That's really weird!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Has the car been up on a lift or jacked up recently?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks like normal panel waves to me. I have several Challengers on the lot, and this is not an uncommon level of waviness. I clearly remember the very 1st 08 SRT we got in sitting on the showroom. I was somewhat surprised that it had a somewhat sunken area just aft of the driver's door on the front of the quarter panel. I have seen similar issues on other, but not all, Challengers. These cars have very large, very flat quarters that will show waves if they are present, no matter how minor. Thanks, Counterman.

·
Registered
10 Posts
:notallthere: Hmmm ive seen this happen on race cars when the tires hit the quarters but doubt thats the case with yours.I would want a new car and settle for nothing less.:fight:

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Both of my Challengers have waves in all the pannels. Very slight but they are there.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts