Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like there are LARGE gains in the A8 cars when torque management is reduced, as long as traction is available.

Are the same gains possible on the M6 cars? Is there as much torque management being employed on the manual trans as there is on the automatics?

How are the drive modes (Sport, Track) affected when a custom tune is loaded?

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sure seems like there is a lot, but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone knew.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
The consensus is there is not but it can be felt in my opinion. It is different then traction control. It seems to be tied to the stability control maybe. Just a guess though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would guess that anybody who has tuned a 6 speed would be able to verify the correct answer?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,833 Posts
If it is not called torque management on a 6 speed, it's still there by all accounts. It's no doubt a tuning thing, I believe I read a post from a Diablo employee that even their canned tunes help with that on the M6.

A Guy

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
If it is not called torque management on a 6 speed, it's still there by all accounts. It's no doubt a tuning thing, I believe I read a post from a Diablo employee that even their canned tunes help with that on the M6.

A Guy
You're 100% correct, Guy. I have no idea what they call it, but my 6M is very much reigned in until I turn off the nannies. I have a Diablosport w/hemifever tune which allows me to turn traction control off. As far as I can tell, that's just what I would get by momentarily pressing my traction control button as I still have abs and hill assist functioning and an obvious amount of what ever it's called holding this thing in check. If I hold the TC button in long enough to disable ESP then a whole different beast comes to life and it ain't my imagination. :)

I rarely turn off ESP as I can have plenty of fun with it still in play, but every once in a while I can't help myself...

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So even without a tune, if you have the "full off" ESP/ESC function, you can get the "real car" and not the dumbed down version?

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
So even without a tune, if you have the "full off" ESP/ESC function, you can get the "real car" and not the dumbed down version?
Sorta, there's still a lot of performance left on the table without a good tune. But yes, you can utilize the factory potential once you disable the nannies. They are never 100% off, but what's left on won't really bother you on the street. If you plan to race it, I believe I read somewhere that there is a fuse that needs to be pulled to totally disable the system, but I have no idea which one or where it's located or if it's even true.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Does this apply to the 392? or Just the 5.7?
I would think it applies, but I have no first hand knowledge. You also have different controls than my old '12. Maybe someone with a newer 392 will come along with an answer for you.

·
Super Moderator
15,357 Posts
all applications would utilize torque management - especially with automatics

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Yes, the 6M cars have engine TM. Here is a screenshot from HP for a 2015 6.4L 6 speed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Spark = retard?
FSO = fuel shut off?
ETC = electronic throttle control?

Bobble and Stall?

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
On my old R/T M6 the custom tune TOTALLY woke the car up. It definitely had some torque management. It pulled harder up top, but off the line it was MUCH quicker with the custom tune. Same now with my Scat Pack A8. Car used to pull 1.71-1.75 60fts on average and now pulls 1.61-1.64 60fts on average. It launches much harder and has more power all around.

The canned tunes may reduce it some, but the custom tunes are where it's at. Hit up Sean at Hemifever and he will wake your car up big time! Well worth it!

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger SXT+
201 Posts
These cars have PCM and TCM Torque Management (Autos) and I believe (though I haven't looked at the tune, but I can download a manual one to look at it for comparisons) the manuals still have the PCM (engine side) Torque Management.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts