Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a beautiful Black Challenger Scat Pack was total by these *******s in an intersection! Blah blah blah Insurance said they paid or will pay my loan completely and then some, should I wait till it shows paid in full before applying for another loan cuz that was my only car and I’m hurtin atm ... I need a car ! My insurance said it’s should be fine to apply again just show them the documentation that loan is going to be paid in full . Is that fine tho or should I wait some more till it shows PAID IN FULL?

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
So I had a beautiful Black Challenger Scat Pack was total by these *******s in an intersection! Blah blah blah Insurance said they paid or will pay my loan completely and then some, should I wait till it shows paid in full before applying for another loan cuz that was my only car and I’m hurtin atm ... I need a car ! My insurance said it’s should be fine to apply again just show them the documentation that loan is going to be paid in full . Is that fine tho or should I wait some more till it shows PAID IN FULL?
I'm a cautious guy, so I would wait, but I'm not sure what your financial situation is.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Insurance companies are like politicians...................they say one thing, and do something else.

Unfortunately, you'll probably have to go to battle with them for every single penny. That's how it works. Don't spend a dime until the check is in your hands.

Reactions: MuscleCarProf

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Insurance companies are like politicians...................they say one thing, and do something else.

Unfortunately, you'll probably have to go to battle with them for every single penny. That's how it works. Don't spend a dime until the check is in your hands.

What he said and I'll add don't spend a penny or sign a check until you get a number you are happy with....You have more options if you are not at fault.

good luck

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not sure all the rules in your state but in most states you can ask / demand for a rental car for 10 days from your insurance company until the claim is settled and lien note is paid in full by the responsible insurance company.

Also, remember, if you owed 15k on the car and they only pay the 15k you are on the hook for the 10% down payment on the next car. If it's not too late and you haven't signed any paperwork I would definitely contact a local lawyer to make sure you are not getting screwed.

Remember, the insurance companies are counting on you stressing out to get a new car and letting them off the hook for things they should be taking care of.

Best of luck...

Reactions: CtheW0rld

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
FWIW, it took me 7 weeks to get a fair settlement from my insurance company when my '10 Challenger was flood totaled. I finally got a check for the amount that I originally wanted.........................after seven weeks of low balling me, getting the run around about anything and everything, and just being unpleasant to me overall.

7 weeks of BS, Why?......................because they can, and in most cases will.

Their job is to WEAR YOU DOWN until you settle for what they offer you.

OP, just be ready for the fight.

Drop kicked the "Good Neighbors" after the check went into the bank.

·
Registered
6,538 Posts
If they are paying for a rental car for you, keep it, it will help get them to get you a check sooner. Once they are not paying for a loaner they WILL drag their feet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the reply guys but they gave me a package and settlement saying they’re paying for my loan in whole and then some. My question is should I wait for to paid in full or just show my statement saying it’s paid in full according to the insurance ? For all I know it will be paid by tomorrow lol thanks for your advice tho guys and I feel bad for those who had all that bs with the insurance!! That’s sucks!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Can't you see your loan details online? As soon as it shows up there you are GTG.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
FWIW, it took me 7 weeks to get a fair settlement from my insurance company when my '10 Challenger was flood totaled. I finally got a check for the amount that I originally wanted.........................after seven weeks of low balling me, getting the run around about anything and everything, and just being unpleasant to me overall.

7 weeks of BS, Why?......................because they can, and in most cases will.

Their job is to WEAR YOU DOWN until you settle for what they offer you.

OP, just be ready for the fight.

Drop kicked the "Good Neighbors" after the check went into the bank.
Just a FYI.....I've never had a problem with MERCURY insurance.
They've paid a few claims for me over the years and always gave me MORE than I thought the vehicles were worth.
Nobody can beat their rates either, I shop around every couple years.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You keep saying they are paying off the loan and then some. That "and then some" should bring it up to at the least the Kelly Blue book value. Like others have said, they will try to screw you and make you like it. Insurance adjusters are specifically trained to wear you down to where you'll take the least amount they offer. You should definitely be in a loaner on their dime right now.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
You keep saying they are paying off the loan and then some. That "and then some" should bring it up to at the least the Kelly Blue book value. Like others have said, they will try to screw you and make you like it. Insurance adjusters are specifically trained to wear you down to where you'll take the least amount they offer. You should definitely be in a loaner on their dime right now.

Yep, the question is what's a real book price on the car, and what are they offering you??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Car is worth 32k on KBB and my insurance is giving 35k my loan was at 34 I only had it since May. Seems great to me .. lol

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I hope your whiplash isn't TOOOOOOO bad. That sucks. Just been through it......... 2 years ago. My advice is watch out for the lawyer.........yours!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,643 Posts
Until you have money in hand, or in bank, anything can change. Someone saying they will pay you, even if it's in writing. Unless it's a legally binding document, you haven't been paid yet. Not saying it won't happen, just saying wait until it does. A Guy

Reactions: silver scat
1 - 20 of 29 Posts