Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, this is a very attractive forum site. I have been involved at a Camaro site for many years and the graphics here are very similar to ours.

While I have always been a car enthusiast, my wife is a salesperson at our local Toyota dealership. As such, she has access to good deals and we have been blessed (her perspective), or cursed (my perspective), with years of Toyota vehicles.

On Friday, at 4:44 am, because of a local power outage at our home we decided to drive to my work office and make coffee. On the way we encountered some local wildlife and all we saw were hoofs and antlers. The deer was nowhere to be found and we were fine but our 2010 Prius sustained significant damage to the grill, hood, hybrid drive system, and radiator and will be totaled by insurance this coming Friday due to the adjusted cash value of the vehicle.

Instead of screwing around, I located a 2014 Challenger SXT, automatic, at one of companies dealerships and bought it with 42,000 miles on the ticker this past Saturday.

Although I really wanted something with more power, and I like manuals, at 58 years of age the automatic seems right for daily simple transportation and can serve as a platform for upgrades after regular street use is curtailed. I still have a Camaro which is being upgraded so I can go drag racing next season and my wife has dealer demo vehicles to drive so this will be my car for the daily seven mile commute to work and a few long term trips to Virginia and Florida each year.

This looks like a great site and I hope to get to know a few folks around here.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I also have a 2014 SXT as my daily driver and just hit the 72000 miles mark. I'm usually a manual driver myself but for a V6 it is still a lot of fun to drive and you will appreciate the MPG over the Hemi coming from a Prius. I get around 27 MPG with some spirited driving and a few mods (listed below).

Hope you enjoy your new ride as much as must of us here do. Have fun.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,067 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,067 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How NW in FL? I have friends in DeFuniak Springs and will be there in January.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Very warm welcome. You did the right thing, getting into a Challenger. Now it starts.
Funny we got a big Texan who ate a Prius with his Challenger. Also an SXT.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,761 Posts
Welcome from California ;) Congrats on arranging that deer hit, that ain't easy!

A Guy

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Congratulations and welcome from MN! Have fun standing out instead of blending in!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congratulations and welcome from MN! Have fun standing out instead of blending in!
That has not been a problem... The totaled Prius had LED lights inside, a suicide knob, and two 12 inch subs... Also, in process of being cleaned up for next year is my 1994 Camaro with a 383...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts