Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an invite to the NY Auto show tonight (preview night) before general public.

I was expexting the new 6.2L HellCat but here is what is posted:

The 2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack has been recently introduced during the 2014 New York Auto Show.

The model in question has received some subtle changes, like the split LED taillights, the bigger power bulge, the split front grille, the modified rear valence panel, the new body paints or the fresh alloy wheels. The interior design of the muscle car is now getting the 8.4-inch touch screen display for the Uconnect infotainment system, a 7-inch customizable screen, a retro looking speedometer and tachometer, blind spot monitoring, forward collision warning, adaptive cruiser control, rear cross path detection and others.
The 2015 Dodge Challenger is coming with a 6.4 liter Scat Pack V8 engine, which is producing a total output of 485 HP (362 kW) and 643 Nm (475 lb-ft) of torque. The unit is mated to either a 6-speed manual or to an 8-speed automatic transmission, with paddle shifters. The Scat Pack Shaker vehicle can also be had with a 5.7 or a 6.4 liter V8 engine and it’s adding the sport seats, black graphics package, the cold air intake or functional hood scoop. Other goodies include the Brembo braking system, the glossy black grille surround, the bumblebee tail stripe, the HID headlights or the 20-inch alloy wheels.

·
Registered
477 Posts
It looks great. The new interior, 392, 4 piston Brembos and 8-spd just sealed the deal. I will be ordering one as soon as the pricing is set.

Reactions: Locko

·
Registered
783 Posts
My decision about upgrading is pretty much going to be around the answer to the "Whats the pricing on the RT 392 Scat Pack?" question

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Hellcat was never set to be unveiled in New York.there are no SRT vehicles at New York

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
The SRT must be getting a lot better for 2015, and that's a very good thing.

Can't wait to see what they give us.

·
Registered
10,136 Posts
My decision about upgrading is pretty much going to be around the answer to the "Whats the pricing on the RT 392 Scat Pack?" question
I'm guessing in the $40-42k range???

This should be interesting.

·
Premium Member
10,032 Posts
I bought my car due to its retro styling which was very nice both inside and out. The 2015 on the outside starts to go away from the look but it's similarity is still there enough to draw some of the current owners here. The interior is futuristic looking and my opinion is too all over the place, who wants to reach behind the shifter to adjust the hvac?
A retro car interior shouldn't look like a fighter jet co ckpit.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The car looks basically the same on the outside. Very minor changes in my opinion. That is not a bad thing. The new interior looks nice but overall, I see nothing that would make me want to get rid of my 13. On a side note, did you guys see that new charger? That thing looks like a Dart that had an allergic reaction to prednisone. Dodge took a big step backward on the charger IMO.

Reactions: UP4664

·
Registered
79 Posts
First, I love the restyling......BUT

I wish they would have made it a little shorter and not as wide with a new light chassis and save some weight and made it handle better. I think the interior is perfect, especially the Performance Pages of the infotainment system.

I REALLY hope the SRT8 Hellcat steps up it's handling game. If they took it in the direction to go head-to-head with the new Z28, OMG, I would be selling everything not nailed down and then some to buy one, organs included!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Can't say I'm impressed with the new model at all. The new tech features are great, but the aesthetics really rub me the wrong way. Challenger was the only pony car that really kept close to the heritage models, and looks like a lot of deviation from that now.

The hood for the B5 model looks really slick even if it's not heritage however. But the wheels all look terrible, so does the entire front end. Grille inserts are ungodly ugly, and they went back to the smiley intake it seems, but bigger. Bigger isn't bad, but that insert is awful. What is up with that HUGE camera thing in the center front anyway? Not going for inconspicuous at all are we? Immediately gives me the not-good ominous feeling, like the car has part of Skynet attached to it now.

The ultra crisp LEDs everywhere aren't attractive at all. All I see is TRON with that. Really like the new heritage side stripes, the updated hood (on the B5), and the rear spoiler... and that's about it. Really glad I kept my 2010 to rebuilt!

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Welp... you can't make everyone happy.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
If I can get a deal on slightly used '12-'14 SRT because someone wants to trade up, I think I'll be the real winner!!! Bring on the 2015s...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Interesting, why no SRT. Here they are revealing the 2015, and no SRT. Interesting, very, very interesting. This asks the question, "will there be an SRT version?"

1 - 20 of 49 Posts