Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any luck getting any help with the touchscreen messing up?
My 2017 Charger is out of warranty but in my opinion, waay to new to be having to replace the radio at my expense. I am the 2nd owner. The car had 12,000 miles on it when I bought it.
Uconnect was willing to help but has to go through a dealer. The local dealer whom I've been dealing with informed Uconnect that they weren't interested in helping someone who didn't purchase the car directly from them.
This this thing is driving me crazy and is becoming useless
馃槨馃槨馃槨馃槨

Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
Sounds like a call to Dodge about that dealer is in order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Is there obvious physical issues with the screen? Bubble, line, etc.? Are you getting "ghost touches"? There are multiple threads on this for the 2017 model Challengers here

A Guy

Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
Agree with 72 340's comments about contacting Dodge customer service to ask why a Dodge dealer is refusing to help you with this. Mention how "great" Dodge service was when you looked into owing a Dodge vehicle.

To then learn a Dodge dealer can refuse any service just because the car was not bought from the dealer is a case for consumer fraud.

When my 2018 uConnect radio started acting up -- the NAV system -- which is part of that radio system -- my research found some problems with the pre-2018 radios too.

But since I had a 2018 I didn't really make any notes on the older car radio problems. A search for "2017 Dodge Challenger uConnect radio problems" might turn up some good links.

With my 2018 I had the car in for this. The radio was up to date with the uConnect software release. But the tech contacted Chrysler and found it had a I guess stealth release -- one not known to the uConnect site -- which he downloaded and applied. It did not help.

Another call to Chrysler and lo and behold yet another stealth software release was available. This was downloaded and applied. It did not help either. The tech removed the bezel and obtained some numbers from the radio to ensure he ordered the right radio. This came in a week or two later and was installed and the NAV system worked. 'course, this was all done under warranty.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Is there obvious physical issues with the screen? Bubble, line, etc.? Are you getting "ghost touches"? There are multiple threads on this for the 2017 model Challengers here

A Guy
Yes, the touch screen has some visible delamination. What started as a small bubble in the upper left corner has become a line all the way across the top of the screen.

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop

PM DodgeCares if you'd like them to assist you with setting up an apointment with your dealer. Likely the radio needs replacing

A Guy

Registered

PM DodgeCares if you'd like them to assist you with setting up an apointment with your dealer. Likely the radio needs replacing

A Guy
I have a 2017 Challenger with the screen delamination issue. By now Dodge is well aware of the problem, however here is their response to the issue.

"Hello Robert

Thank you for contacting Dodge Customer Care.

We are disappointed to learn of the concern with the touchscreen in your 2017 Dodge Challenger. We understand your frustration and fully appreciate your concern, particularly in view of the expense and inconvenience involved, however, we are unable to accommodate your request for out-of-warranty consideration. The vehicle has exceeded the time and mileage limitations of the warranty we offered on the vehicle at the time it was placed into service. If repairs are completed we do recommend that you keep all receipts. If a recall is issued regarding the concern you would be notified by mail and you would be entitled to submit for reimbursement. Although we are unable to provide a more favorable reply, we appreciate the opportunity to review your request.

Thank you again for your email.

Best wishes,

Mary-Lyn
Dodge Customer Care"

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) While I can certainly understand them denying, they have a limited warranty period for a reason, it's a well known issue on these forums. What percentage of cars have the problem, I can't say. Generally these type problems end up happening to a lawyer, and then a class action lawsuit. Otherwise, just unhappy owners.

Even going to a dealer under warranty seems to be hit or miss, sorry

A Guy

Registered
I have the same issue with the touch screen. My car is a 2017 but my mileage is under the warranty of 36K. Do you think they might prorate the cost of a new radio?

Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
The dealer's cooperation is crucial in getting help when you're out of warranty. However, finding a cooperative dealer seems to be getting harder and harder. Seems like it's even harder since the shift to Stellantis. Might be just my imagination.

I have two friends that have experienced delimitation issues ... one has a '17 Charger Scat Pack Daytona and the other has a 2018 Challenger SRT 392. The Charger was JUST inside his warranty so he had his radio replaced. The Challenger only has 5,000 miles on it but is 3 weeks outside of his warranty. He got denied at the dealer where he bought the car (and two other vehicles) but finally got Dodge Cares to set up an appointment to have another dealer look at it on Monday.

I have to give credit where it's due ... Ford has extended the warranty on the infotainment system in my daughter's Ford Edge SEL because there were so many customers having problems. Dodge should do the same.

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
I have the same issue with the touch screen. My car is a 2017 but my mileage is under the warranty of 36K. Do you think they might prorate the cost of a new radio?
Why would they prorate? You have a part failure under warranty, they should replace it unless they pull the "you damaged it" routine

A Guy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts