Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2018 Challenger and the radio is glitching badly!! Makes calls on its own and texts and changes radio etc. Will not allow us to reset on the screen. We bought it used so probably very little dealer can do.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
21,621 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Do you see any lines, or bubbles?

if 2018, still under 36 month/36,000 miles if not over on mileage

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,213 Posts
We have a 2018 Challenger and the radio is glitching badly!! Makes calls on its own and texts and changes radio etc. Will not allow us to reset on the screen. We bought it used so probably very little dealer can do.
Back in July I got a new radio installed in my 2018 Hellcat. The NAV system was not working right and the fix was to replace the radio.

Since the new radio was installed the NAV unit has worked fine -- well, ignoring the out of date/just wrong map data -- but a few times and out of the corner of my eye I have seen the LCD image "glitch" or flicker.

But it is gone as soon as it appears.

In the case of my car I sort of suspect the lack of regular use of the car might (might) be a factor. I bought a new car in mid August and have been driving that quite a bit and the Hellcat has been sitting getting used there for a while barely once a week. But recently I have made an effort to use it more and I had not seen the glitching.

I'm with A Guy. First see if the car has any warranty remaining and if it does get the car in for this. Severe glitching you describe suggests something more serious than just a lack of use.

·
Premium Member
1,694 Posts
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
DodgeCares

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We tried taking the fuse out and back in and helped a bit but not all. Taking it to a dealer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing, 2018 Challenger Scat Pack. I've got a case number and am awaiting the local dodge dealership to return my call with an appointment time. I called this morning but was told they were having a meeting and would call back. I'm not holding my breath because our local dealership is pretty slack in the customer care department. I may end up having to contact another dealership in another town if i don't hear from this one.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Every time I hear of this issue, it seems that the radios are on back-order for weeks... Good luck. Honestly, if (when?) it happens to mine, I'll probably just replace the touchscreen myself. I can have that done in an hour or two without having to deal with a dealershiip. :)

Obviously, it's a manufacturing defect though - which kind of sucks, especially since the head-unit controls so many car functions....

·
Registered
288 Posts
Took my 1st weekend trip in the Challenger this weekend. The radio was a crapfest. Haven't had any issued out of my Charger or my Ram but this was a joke. Just went to Uconnect updates and it says its up to date. Screen would lock on the Phone or Android Auto. Couldn't get to "controls". Won't soft boot at all. just an all around disappointment for a 76K Car.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,213 Posts
Took my 1st weekend trip in the Challenger this weekend. The radio was a crapfest. Haven't had any issued out of my Charger or my Ram but this was a joke. Just went to Uconnect updates and it says its up to date. Screen would lock on the Phone or Android Auto. Couldn't get to "controls". Won't soft boot at all. just an all around disappointment for a 76K Car.
Reads like the radio is a good candidate to be replaced with a new one. My advice is get the car booked in to have this looked into and if the radio is deemed bad to get it replaced.

I don't know about now but in early July this year it took less than 2 weeks for a new radio to arrive for my Hellcat.

·
Premium Member
1,694 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing, 2018 Challenger Scat Pack. I've got a case number and am awaiting the local dodge dealership to return my call with an appointment time. I called this morning but was told they were having a meeting and would call back. I'm not holding my breath because our local dealership is pretty slack in the customer care department. I may end up having to contact another dealership in another town if i don't hear from this one.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
DodgeCares

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
DodgeCares
Thank you for commenting. Yes I will be taking it to the dealer. It is useless at this point. I have spent all day in my 18 charger Connected to android auto, phone calls and full use of everything not a single problem.

The U connect in my hellcat is just crap.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,694 Posts
Thank you for commenting. Yes I will be taking it to the dealer. It is useless at this point. I have spent all day in my 18 charger Connected to android auto, phone calls and full use of everything not a single problem.

The U connect in my hellcat is just crap.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Please follow up with us privately, we would like to collect your information in order to start the escalation processes.

Lamar
DodgeCares

1 - 13 of 13 Posts