Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at getting one of these to replace my standard 130 media center that isn't touchscreen. I am only interested in the 430 RBZ that does not have navigation. I looked on the Mopar site and they are listed as 1020 dollars. Does anyone know if I could find one cheaper than this?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
They usually have them on EBAY but make sure it's the right BUSS speed. I know all Challengers are low up thru 10s but I heard the 11s were going to be high speed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, how would that work with my cd player? On the one I have, the cd slot is built into the radio face, so where would the slot go if I replaced it with the 430 RBZ?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I'm pretty sure there is a slot near the top of the radio you put the cds in. I know my RER is and I think our sons SE with a RBZ is too. You don't see it untill you hit the open button though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ok, well I was just looking at this video:

and I couldn't really see the slit very well, but from what you're sayin it's at the top correct?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Just a heads up, Just because it has the UConnect button doesn't meen it will work. Ther's other stuff and programming required for that to work. Our son has that RBZ radio and the UConnect isn't part of the package. The button is there but not the feature

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I'm not really getting it for Uconnect, the touchscreen radio and the 30 gb harddrive is what is appealing to me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Next question, if I buy this thing, can I take the part to the dealer to have it installed or would I have to buy it through the dealer in order to get it installed?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Just thought I would let you know (incase you didn't). Our son was pretty disappointed when he found out it says it's there but it's not.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
From what I've read the mounting and Bazel are the same. I think I've heard you might need an adapter or something but I think that's for the UConnect.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Mine came with the RER Nav system. I added the lockpick and camera. I've heard alot of people on here that did what you are talking about and that's were I got the info. Our son's RBZ came with his new and that's were I got that info.

·
Banned
262 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I bought an RBZ off fleabay for $190 shipped. Got it cheap because it didn't have sat built in (which I didn't care about anyway). My 2010 R/T came with the electronics convenience package, which includes UConnect. I simply pulled off the trim plate, disconnected the controls/seat heat buttons from the trim plate and then pulled the radio out. Good idea to lay a towel over the console/shifter to make sure you don't scratch anything there. Unplugged the radio, plugged in the RBZ and put everything back. It worked perfect, nothing else to do. I paired my cell to the bluetooth and loaded a bunch of music with a usb flash drive. The UConnect works great and, along with the bluetooth (which shows on-screen the signal strength and battery state of my cell phone) I'm a happy camper. Install took about 15 minutes. This RBZ came out of a Jeep... I know this because the first time I turned it on, it showed a Jeep logo at first. Next time I turned it on, it showed the Dodge logo. I guess it learned that it was now in a Dodge... pretty cool.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I bought an RBZ off fleabay for $190 shipped. Got it cheap because it didn't have sat built in (which I didn't care about anyway). My 2010 R/T came with the electronics convenience package, which includes UConnect. I simply pulled off the trim plate, disconnected the controls/seat heat buttons from the trim plate and then pulled the radio out. Good idea to lay a towel over the console/shifter to make sure you don't scratch anything there. Unplugged the radio, plugged in the RBZ and put everything back. It worked perfect, nothing else to do. I paired my cell to the bluetooth and loaded a bunch of music with a usb flash drive. The UConnect works great and, along with the bluetooth (which shows on-screen the signal strength and battery state of my cell phone) I'm a happy camper. Install took about 15 minutes. This RBZ came out of a Jeep... I know this because the first time I turned it on, it showed a Jeep logo at first. Next time I turned it on, it showed the Dodge logo. I guess it learned that it was now in a Dodge... pretty cool.
Thanks for the info I'm looking to do this exact same thing really soon. Question though, does anyone know what the difference between the REN and the RBZ units are?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
The RBZ replaced the REN sometime in 2010. But you still have to be carefull because they come in both high and low Buss speed.
MyGIG model RBZ (+RSC)
(RSC= integrated satellite radio)

Market: North America

Replaces model REN (+RSC) as a running change during the 2010 model year
Manufactured by Mitsubishi
• 30 GB hard drive

·
Registered
22 Posts
Make sure you don't want Satellite radio with the RBZ. I have the RBZ and love it, but Sirius will not intergrate with the touch screen, so I had to add a separate receiver. Which is not a problem to me, I mounted it inside of the Sunglasses compartment and it looks clean.

I could have completely replaced the deck, but I decided to keep the original stereo in the car.

Good luck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts