Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All things being equal im torn bewteen the two both are about 6500 off msrp 27M package in both. Any thoughts is one more rare or anything else to consider.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
From what I understand B5 was in limited production and not being used on 11s. As you can tell by my car I like DWB better.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I originally thought the B5 was better, as it was a color you don't see on many other cars these days, whereas DWB seemed like a pretty common color. However, after buying my DWB off the lot and living with it this past year, I have realized its the better color for me. It is subtle compared to the "Here I am!" colors of HO, yellow, red, B5, etc..I still get lots of thumbs up and smiles from people, but I believe they are admiring the retro body of my car, and don't even notice the color. Just my 2 cents. I'd take a Challenger in any color...

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
I think I have heard the B5 is limited, so I would search on here for production numbers. Swirl marks will show much more on DWB, but you need to pick what feels right to you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
B5 vs DWB

I think either color is great looking and it would come down to personal preference but the B5 was a limited production color and therefore I would go with it. It is a throwback to the original 70 Challenger color and they are really nice looking in person.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well looks like a toss up best price will win I like both but i think i favor B5.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have a DWB R/T and I think the B5 looks a tad bit better. But I still love the DWB. One guy asked me if my DWB was custom paint! lol

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
I'd say to go with B5 Blue - you don't see many of that color (run was short) and it hasn't been re-introduced for the Challengers since early 2010 production. Its the same shade (called Surf Blue) on Calibers and PT Cruisers.

DWB isn't as common, but with a dark color like that its going to be like caring for black (swirls, dust, pollen, fingerprints), if you're up for that level of maintenance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My two cents

My votes for B5, I have a B5 and the compliments on how bright the color is are endless. B5 (or Surf Blue) was only featured on Challenger RT and SRTs.... Jeep Wrangler, Compass and Dodge Caliber. DWB is featured on every trim of Challenger, every trim of Charger/300/Van/Jeep/Journey/Truck... etc. etc. Now finally Dodge says that DWB on the Challenger 392 is limited production and will be built-out. Still though, like many members said here it comes down to personal taste. I bought my Challenger to be a loud/shouty car that when its parked or on the move looks like a superhero in action. Many people love the shade of deep water blue and the metallic pearl paint that pops in the sunshine. If price is equal go with your heart and be happy with your new muscle car!! I think we can all agree that whatever you choose you'll come out a WINNER! and will be the best decision you make!

·
Registered
231 Posts
B5 or dwb?

All things being equal im torn bewteen the two both are about 6500 off msrp 27M package in both. Any thoughts is one more rare or anything else to consider.
Both are good colors. I favor B5 a little more for the color and rarity but that color ended before you could order Super Track Pack and for that reason if I had to choose between the two colors and the DWB had the STP option then I would want it. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
I like the darker DWB myself. You'll have to see both in person at night and in the daytime (sun & clouds) and make your choice.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts