Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this isn't a repost, I couldn't find anything on it..

I know Mopar makes a towing kit that bolts on hidden under the rear bumper and is supposed to have a 1000lb towing capacity. But I've seen other bolt on kits advertised as well.

Has anyone purchased one? How do you like it?

I want one that bolts on without modifying anything as I don't want to drill into my Challenger. I know I saw one kit that boasted a 2000lb capacity and really that would be better. I want to use my challenger to tow my bug with all four wheels down.

If it has to do with Air Cooled, I can normally figure out much of it on my own, but these new-fangled cars confuse me sometimes and there's so many options I have trouble picking out the crappy ones from the good.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
7,288 Posts
I believe the Mopar hitch requires drilling at least one hole in the trunk.

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Also, don't mistake the HITCH rating for the VEHICLE rating. Putting a 2,000lb capacity hitch on your Challenger doesn't mean you can tow 2,000lb. The automatic has a 1,000lb limit regardless of hitch, the 6-speeds have no tow rating/ability according to Chrysler.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had my hitch and wiring done at uhaul class IV hitch...towed this double axle 6x12 from paw paw mi to summerfield fl 34491 averaged 14.4 mpg and drove it thru the mountains of Tennessee!!! Towed straight and easy..it towed like a champ with over 100,000 miles on her..worst that hapoened while going up the mountains is it down shifted once to a lower gear... Used or leaked nothing..

20200106_055839.jpg
20200107_014746.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts