Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these pics on cars.com while researching for 2011 challengers.

Black stripes:

Silver stripes:

Gray stripes:

Personally, I think the silver stripes look the best.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Reminds me of an 2008 orange Mustang GT w/Shelby appearance package who got spanked by me when I used to street race a few months back.. It was Orange w/gray stripes, great looking car IMHO

·
Registered
891 Posts
Thanks for the pics! Love the Toxic Orange...Love the fact that you can get both wheels...Love the new steering wheel...but the Shelby/SS stripes just don't work for me, in any colour. Boring, overdone and totally unimaginative, but glad some like them. 2 cents

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
I think the black stripes looks the best on the Toxic Orange.

·
Registered
85 Posts
How about Hemi Orange stripes? I saw a 1971 Challenger RT a few years back in Burnt Orange with the bright orange stripes....different and quite cool looking. Hard to tell from the pics, but Toxic Orange may not be as dark as Burnt Orange was....

·
Registered
891 Posts
"Shelby" stripes? These dual stripes have been around for over 40 years. Vipers have had these for a long time now.
No, you're right, sorry. I don't like the Shelby/SS/Cunningham/Viper/Cobra/Mustang/Challenger SE-SXT/1978 Mustang II King Cobra stripes! :)

I really not trying to be negative, if anyone likes them, great! Its just being a Mopar guy, and knowing that Chrysler came up with some of the BEST stripe packages ever produced on cars, the lack of creativity boggles my mind. At keast they are offering stripe delete too. Just my take...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hmmm,...I'm not feeling it.

·
Super Moderator
13,945 Posts
I been thinking, why is Dodge wasting time coming up with crappy stripe packages, why don't they just go back to the classic stripe packs from the 70's???

I agree 100%. After all, this is supposed to be a retro-styled car. Why go with Viper/Shelby stripes? :scratchhead: To each his own, I guess.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I been thinking, why is Dodge wasting time coming up with crappy stripe packages, why don't they just go back to the classic stripe packs from the 70's???
Ummm....they did...

The Classic RT has the 71 RT stripe.
The Rallye/SXT has SS stripes.
The new SRT has the 40 years old Shelby stripes.
The old SRT is a cross between SS stripes and the old Challenger RT blackout.
The Mopar 10 has the 70 Challenger RT horizontal stripe.
The Mopar Apperance Package has the AAR/ 70 TA mixture stripe.

They have done just that. The only original stripe they have done are the RT hood-to-fender stripes (which I LOVE!). Maybe I'm just too progressive (and probably in the minority), I like new, creative stuff, however I agree with a previous statement...retro car, retro stripes. I realize the demographic Chrysler needs to sell to, but its just too 'Groundhog Day' for me to have everything just keep repeating.

I do agree...Hemi Orange stripes should be available, that would be very cool!!!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
from the photo's id prefer the grey

everyone will get the black

silver doesnt look too good, but maybe the photo is washed out

i like it that you can have 3 versions of each car...the stripes are thick enough that it majorly effects the look

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I think the rear would be too monotone without the stripe. I like black on the green.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ummm....they did...

The Classic RT has the 71 RT stripe.
The Rallye/SXT has SS stripes.
The new SRT has the 40 years old Shelby stripes.
The old SRT is a cross between SS stripes and the old Challenger RT blackout.
The Mopar 10 has the 70 Challenger RT horizontal stripe.
The Mopar Apperance Package has the AAR/ 70 TA mixture stripe.

They have done just that. The only original stripe they have done are the RT hood-to-fender stripes (which I LOVE!). Maybe I'm just too progressive (and probably in the minority), I like new, creative stuff, however I agree with a previous statement...retro car, retro stripes. I realize the demographic Chrysler needs to sell to, but its just too 'Groundhog Day' for me to have everything just keep repeating.

I do agree...Hemi Orange stripes should be available, that would be very cool!!!
Yeah, but why are they putting Mustang stripes on a Challenger? I would understand if they fit the body of the car, but they don't, not at all actually.

They could have just brought back the T/A stripes for 2011 SRT's, I like retro stuff, retro car deserves retro stripes. I understand designing something new, but at least make it look good, and try to keep with the heritage of the car.

Also, excuse me if I am not all correct about the Challenger's history, after all I drive a Mustang. <<<Before you all jump on me, I love the new Challengers.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Reminds me of an 2008 orange Mustang GT w/Shelby appearance package who got spanked by me when I used to street race a few months back.. It was Orange w/gray stripes, great looking car IMHO
that was a rare & cool shelby u raced back then...only 215 were made, one year only, and only sold new in Cali:bigthumb:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts