·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
653 Posts
I'm guessing it's the same as with the HOs, the orange (which I assume is the same color as the HO in the '08s-'10s) stripe, which I prefer over the red.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The dealer in Ohio where I ordered my GWE had a TO SRT in the showroom. Beautiful color but was not impressed w/the quality of the paint. There was a large amount of orange peel and other areas where the paint looked like it was painted on too dry(areas where the paint was flat).
I hope that the paint on my GWE is of better quality.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
The dealer in Ohio where I ordered my GWE had a TO SRT in the showroom. Beautiful color but was not impressed w/the quality of the paint. There was a large amount of orange peel and other areas where the paint looked like it was painted on too dry(areas where the paint was flat).
I hope that the paint on my GWE is of better quality.
I have not seen a single Challenger that does not have horrible orange peel. At least on mine its...Hemi Orange peel:)

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I have not seen a single Challenger that does not have horrible orange peel. At least on mine its...Hemi Orange peel:)
Welcome to Vette World!:browsmiley:

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Sorry to hear that...you got to wet sand with 1500 and buff them out to look nice. Problem is, you just never know how thick that clear is.
It looks fine. It's the nature of the beast.
I've seen guys restore Vettes...perfect paint jobs...& didn't bring home trophies cause the paint wasn't "accurate" (i.e. no orange peel).

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
It looks fine. It's the nature of the beast.
I've seen guys restore Vettes...perfect paint jobs...& didn't bring home trophies cause the paint wasn't "accurate" (i.e. no orange peel).
the heck with the show scene...life's too short, it's my car after all, LOL. The peel does however hide certain imperfections.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts